Improved off the pitch ? REALLY

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Club advertises on radio about getting tickets to this Saturdays game after coming so close to the first victory mid week, Mate hears weather forecast is good for Saturday so asks me to get him and his lad tickets.  

I Log on to the online ticket thingy bit of the site, select Stand, select block,  select seats, select continue to payment, all good so far, just as it should be, I mean it is 2013 and we had the tecno to send men to the Moon decades ago.

But at the most important point when people were actually trying to give the club the one thing it says we don't have enough of  (cash) it all goes down hill and I am met by the words below.

We seem to have hit a problem. We are now aware of this problem and will look to fix it.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Try returning to the home page and trying again.

Sorry but as somebody who regulary buys tickets from other clubs to attend games involving other teams I would suggest  our Off field operations are still way below the standard I would expect at conference level never mind in the second tier of English professional football. Needless to say the already lowish attendance tomorrow is going to be 2 less than it should be, as at the moment it doesn't  take much to get casual supporters to say sod it.

Guest Big Guns

I've said there's been no improvement on and off the pitch for a while now but the stuck in the past merchants will crucify you for it

Our clubs a total shambles the worse run club in the division

Guest intercity0wl

surely this is not the club's fault. It wont be managed by the club.

Will it not be the same system (and thus same faults) as most FL clubs?

surely this is not the club's fault. It wont be managed by the club.

Will it not be the same system (and thus same faults) as most FL clubs?

You would  think so wouldn't you, but its always ours site that has the gremlins, other cubs ticket purchasing systems seem to work fine, and man even have the ootin to phone u and book via the phone, AT NO EXTRA COST. 

what radio station are they advertisin on? ive never heard wednesday do this ever

Yu got me thinking now, but at some point since I got bacK from brighton I heard on a radio station I was listening to one which started with the words " after coming so close to securing their first victory the Owls take on Ipswich this Saturday, and you can secure your ticket" ECT ECT

Guest BenSwfc

Most FL clubs have the same format of website, run by the same company therefore have the same problems we do, were not below standard were on par with most championship clubs

Guest intercity0wl

The money is paid to Premium TV so I would presume they run it.

.but come on...

you're telling us that you have never had this experience on other sites on the internet, cos I have, Banks and everything.

If not you have been lucky...but hey lets have another go at Wednesday.

So the online ticketing site is run by the same company who run Wednesday player  ?, I rest my case and yep if moaning that IMO the club is not as efficient as I would expect is having a go then so be it, I would say sumat to mi mother if I though she was wrong, doesn't mean I car any less for her, and no doubt thousands will  be having a good old moan tomorrow, but this time at the playing side of the club, 

You would  think so wouldn't you, but its always ours site that has the gremlins, other cubs ticket purchasing systems seem to work fine, and man even have the ootin to phone u and book via the phone, AT NO EXTRA COST. 

Yu got me thinking now, but at some point since I got bacK from brighton I heard on a radio station I was listening to one which started with the words " after coming so close to securing their first victory the Owls take on Ipswich this Saturday, and you can secure your ticket" ECT ECT

cos we're so MASSIVE the system can't cope. Too many fans, that's our promble

Edited by Burnsie

Guest intercity0wl

Do you know thats the first time I have ever heard of a computer system breaking down. I've never heard of one breaking down for one for say one of the major banks, or an airline or even the one I use at work. Terrible isnt it?

Well aint I the luck one then, as I don't have problems booking fllght tickets, Holidays, doing online Banking ect ect,  but it aint anywhere near the first time I have had Probs using things that involve swfc and the tinternet.

I think I remember Chris C (who used to work at the club) posting on here and saying that the ticket/shop system was selected when we were pretty damn skint. Meaning that it isn't the best. But I assume we're now tied into a contract with that system provider which would prove very expensive to get out of. Much like the Premium TV/Player company which has the whole of the Football League in the palm of its hand.

Read Ben's post above..............it's not the club you should be getting on at it's them fookers that run it.

As far as Wednesday Player is concerned I had trouble on IE with it but changed to Chrome and have had no more trouble...who's fault is that..

I repeat let's have another go at Wednesday.

If my company outsources a product and the product sent to the supplier is poor, guess who gets the blame ?

Edited by Fedor

I don't live that far away from the ground so just usually nip down for tickets. To be fair I always find the service excellent. That is when the staff have finished chatting and decide to serve me. :biggrin:

Club advertises on radio about getting tickets to this Saturdays game after coming so close to the first victory mid week, Mate hears weather forecast is good for Saturday so asks me to get him and his lad tickets.

I Log on to the online ticket thingy bit of the site, select Stand, select block, select seats, select continue to payment, all good so far, just as it should be, I mean it is 2013 and we had the tecno to send men to the Moon decades ago.

But at the most important point when people were actually trying to give the club the one thing it says we don't have enough of (cash) it all goes down hill and I am met by the words below.

We seem to have hit a problem. We are now aware of this problem and will look to fix it.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Try returning to the home page and trying again.

Sorry but as somebody who regulary buys tickets from other clubs to attend games involving other teams I would suggest our Off field operations are still way below the standard I would expect at conference level never mind in the second tier of English professional football. Needless to say the already lowish attendance tomorrow is going to be 2 less than it should be, as at the moment it doesn't take much to get casual supporters to say sod it.

I always buy my tickets online and have never once had a problem.