Owls 18th out of the 92 for attendances

Guest bearowl

That 29th in Europe thing is nonsense. That table obly includes a certain few European teams.

Athletico? Ajax? Marseille? Etc

We are making ourselves look rather foolish.

gary megson 

Guest GreenGoose

That 29th in Europe thing is nonsense. That table obly includes a certain few European teams.

Athletico? Ajax? Marseille? Etc

We are making ourselves look rather foolish.

gary megson

Fúcking sleeper cell :ph34r:

Id like to see that seasonally adjusted for league position....

less if youre top of the league - more if youre bottom of the league...

In fact - i might have a go at that tomorrow.

#excelgeek

Yeah, but how are you going to rank that fairly? What's the multiplier going to be based on?

Ratio of your attendance vs every club higher than you in the league?

Newcastle and Sunderland have the north east and much of the real north west to themselves which results in 40-50k crowds.

20-25k for us whilst competing with United, Leeds, Dingles, Millers, Chesterfield, Doncaster perhaps even Hudds/Bradford is pretty good. Not to mention all the clubs over the Pennines. If there weren't so many local teams we would get similar gates to the north eastern teams. Having lived in both places these cities love their football.

Astonishingly loyal support, best in the country. Don't forget we didn't put offers on every game like United. Our fans paid the going rate even after losing 7 consecutive games!  Top six next year and we could get 13th place. If we got back to the PL I think we'd be in the top 10.

I think I'm right in saying we have averaged over 20,000 in thje last decade despite most of it being the most demoralising period in our history. I think only the 2 manchester clubs and MAYBE Liverpool and Arsenal (it's never been tested) could match that.

Well done to all of us, Up the Owls.

You're right, you averaged 22,330 over the last ten years which, as you say, is astonishingly loyal.

The last part of your statement though needs correcting as, during the same period out of the PL, LUFC have averaged 24,500.

This has been despite having to endure Mr Bates' ridiculess season ticket prices and vastly over inflated matchday tickets.

Three consecuitive season's in L1, his hugly suspicious handling of our administration period.

The 10 point deduction, the extra 15 point deduction, the play-off heartbreaks. Watching every decent academy product we produce, sold off to the highest bidder, becoming Norwich City's feeder club, The banning of consession prices in 65% of the ground. His numerous failed liable court cases (which the club funded).

As you say, the most demoralising period in our history.

Give Arsenal ten years of non Premier League football or Liverpool. Give Man U relegations to Lg1 as well and we'd see the true level of support for them, I think we'd be surprised.

Both our sets of fans deserve bleedin' medals for the way in which we have stuck by our clubs.

Fully agree JV. Yours is a one club city so I'm going to point out that our crowds are better as this is a footy site and we've all got to score points, but our averages have both held up well. I'd love to see what happens to some of the middling prem sides should they endure 10 years of poo like we have.

Look at the pigs for a marker as to how numbers can fluctuate wildly. 30k in prem, 18k(?) this season. And I'd say 50% of those tickets are concessions. We've put them to bed regarding averages. They always said they didn't matter until they had a few seasons above ours, then they became the sole barometer for how big a club you are. They've crawled back into their hovels now though.

Edited by latemodelchild