JJ and Lita

Guest Fedor

Sounds like a good idea to drop our top scorer and one with most assists. One who loves our club n works hard for 90 mins. lol

I never get these sort of statements, how would you know Antonio loves Wednesday?

Edited by coreyswfc

Despite his assist and scoring record looking impressive, Antonio has been poor for a number of games now. Awful decision making and lethargic in posession, he was not on the same wavelength as Lita against Brighton, didn't read any of his runs and ignored him on a number of occassions.

Antonio is more frustrating than JJ, never thought there woluld be a player more frustrating than JJ tbh. Johnson has been superb recently whereas Antonio has been average so I bet JJ is slightly annoyed to have found himself on the bench on Saturday.

If you're going to play Antonio, play him to his strengths, down the wing where his pace and power can get past players, not down the middle where he is wasted and quite frankly looks lost. JJ is much better suited to the behind the striker role, more intelligent with the ball at his feet and will frighten centre backs more than Antonio does.

Guest Big Guns

Nice to be arguing about how to fit players into the team rather than wondering how to drop half of 'em. lol

Yep I wouldn't be unhappy if jj started in that position satday ,a good predicament for a change

Despite his assist and scoring record looking impressive, Antonio has been poor for a number of games now. Awful decision making and lethargic in posession, he was not on the same wavelength as Lita against Brighton, didn't read any of his runs and ignored him on a number of occassions.

Antonio is more frustrating than JJ, never thought there woluld be a player more frustrating than JJ tbh. Johnson has been superb recently whereas Antonio has been average so I bet JJ is slightly annoyed to have found himself on the bench on Saturday.

If you're going to play Antonio, play him to his strengths, down the wing where his pace and power can get past players, not down the middle where he is wasted and quite frankly looks lost. JJ is much better suited to the behind the striker role, more intelligent with the ball at his feet and will frighten centre backs more than Antonio does.

Antonio is obviously a good player, but what gets me is that after only 5 minutes he looks like hes blowing out of his arse.

Antonio is obviously a good player, but what gets me is that after only 5 minutes he looks like hes blowing out of his arse.

Looks can be deceiving. He's as fit as anyone in our team, he scares people with his pace and strength. Its just his posture and running style which is a complete shambles and makes him look like he's staggering about like a boxer on the ropes.

He's obviously worked very hard in the gym over the years which for pace and strength is great but for deftness of touch doesn't really help.

I can't fault him for effort and effectiveness, like others have said, he has flaws but he always seems to make up for them with moments of brilliance.

JJ on form is great but he's just not consistent enough for me to warrant dropping someone of Antonio's quality.

JJ's the perfect sub.

Looks can be deceiving. He's as fit as anyone in our team, he scares people with his pace and strength. Its just his posture and running style which is a complete shambles and makes him look like he's staggering about like a boxer on the ropes.

He's obviously worked very hard in the gym over the years which for pace and strength is great but for deftness of touch doesn't really help.

I can't fault him for effort and effectiveness, like others have said, he has flaws but he always seems to make up for them with moments of brilliance.

JJ on form is great but he's just not consistent enough for me to warrant dropping someone of Antonio's quality.

JJ's the perfect sub.

Antonio has been poor for a number of games now, he is inconsistent in games, he switches off every now and again. Sure he may get a goal or he may show short bursts of pace but the way we are deploying him at the moment he is rather ineffective. Antonio is at his best when the he's on the wing, where he has time to control the ball and time to see what is around him, upfront he isn't quick enough to make such decisions and it ends up with him losing the ball or making the wrong decision.

JJ was excellent against Hull, Wolves and Charlton playing behind the striker,probably the best we've seen him play in along time, much more dangerous than Antonio, yet he finds himself on the bench. Antonio is immune to being dropped or substituted, he cost money so we have to play him, that is what I believe, on a number of occasions this season Antonio has been playing poorly but remains on the pitch.

I like Antonio, but I think with the way we are playing doesn't fit the sort of player he is. If he was prepared to get back and help out defensively than perhaps he could play instead of Helan or Lee, but I don't think that is his game. JJ has shown more recently to merit a start.

Antonio has been poor for a number of games now, he is inconsistent in games, he switches off every now and again. Sure he may get a goal or he may show short bursts of pace but the way we are deploying him at the moment he is rather ineffective. Antonio is at his best when the he's on the wing, where he has time to control the ball and time to see what is around him, upfront he isn't quick enough to make such decisions and it ends up with him losing the ball or making the wrong decision.

JJ was excellent against Hull, Wolves and Charlton playing behind the striker,probably the best we've seen him play in along time, much more dangerous than Antonio, yet he finds himself on the bench. Antonio is immune to being dropped or substituted, he cost money so we have to play him, that is what I believe, on a number of occasions this season Antonio has been playing poorly but remains on the pitch.

I like Antonio, but I think with the way we are playing doesn't fit the sort of player he is. If he was prepared to get back and help out defensively than perhaps he could play instead of Helan or Lee, but I don't think that is his game. JJ has shown more recently to merit a start.

For sure Antonio is definitely better on the wing but the OP is suggesting dropping Antonio for JJ which i don't agree with and just cannot see happening when he's our leading goal scorer and maker by some distance. I hear you about JJ warranting a start and it's harsh on him but it would be even harsher to drop Antonio after a goal and a (very good) assist. 

I can see where Fedor is coming from and I have said myself a few times that Antonio has been very average in a number of games, but you can't argue with his return of assists and goals. He does make mistakes and they're highlighted because of how much of the ball he sees but I think it's easily forgotten he's a young as he is. It's very understandable.

JJ is what he is and is not going to change at this stage.

Antonio however, is most definitely open to improvement and whilever he's scoring and setting up goals, deserves to stay in the team.

Playing alongside Lita will improve him no end.

Edited by B.A Baracus