JJ and Lita

Guest Fedor

It's getting a bit bland on here so I thought I would throw this cat amongst the pigeons.

Its my belief that JJ should be starting up front with Lita. I don't think Antonio has been all that good so far this season. For me JJs final pass (when he chooses too) is improving. He has performed better than MA recently but you just knew JJ would make wat for Lita. A few examples to back my case. JJ set up Lita for the winner at Charlton. Antonio failed to look up and find Lita in acres on saturday and rightfully so, got a roasting off Leroy. Hull away JJ from the left got his head up and picked out Antonio for a cert goal, only for Michails first touch to let him down. In the same game Antonio from the right failed to pick out JJ in a mirror image of the same situation.For me it was crying out for JJs introduction on Saturday to stretch the ten men of Brighton and exploit the space Lita was creating. JJ has the ability to ghost past players at breakneck speed and keep the ball under close control, we needed this on Saturday in the second half.

This is not a go at Antonio by the way as I like him and think he is a real prospect, but I just think JJ deserves the shirt at the moment and a rest would do Antonio the world of good.

Antonio scored one and set one up Saturday.

Yes he scored one but wasn't it Helan who set Litas goal up?

I know he has bagged a couple recently but we could have had more goals with JJ in the team (not necessarily JJ scoring), you just don't know.

Why change a winning team?

We brought Lita in to a winning team.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Yes he scored one but wasn't it Helan who set Litas goal up?

I know he has bagged a couple recently but we could have had more goals with JJ in the team (not necessarily JJ scoring), you just don't know.

JJ's effort at Charlton just caught up with Simonsens comet.

Antonio set up the first, on his left foot.

I see an argument for this, however, I don't think it is time to change just yet. I understand people's concerns at changing a winning team but when you look at some of the best managers they pre empt when a change is needed so teams can't work them out. Like I said originally though, I don't think it is time yet Antonio is playing very well. 

Sounds like a good idea to drop our top scorer and one with most assists. One who loves our club n works hard for 90 mins. lol

Nearly as daft as loaning our top scorer to our relegation rivals

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Set up by?

1 assist, how many goals has JJ created in his six years at Hillsborough? I love his enthusiasm and unpredictabilty as much as the next man but his final ball at times is frankly bloody woeful.

1 assist, how many goals has JJ created in his six years at Hillsborough? I love his enthusiasm and unpredictabilty as much as the next man but his final ball at times is frankly bloody woeful.

read my opening post again. Now I am not slagging Antonio off, I just think too often JJ is sacrificed all too easily(and unfairly) and Antonio seems to be the sacred lamb.

Agree with the OP but tbf you cant drop antonio after making an assist and scoring a goal.

It was more retrospective really, don't think he should have been dropped for the Brighton game.

Guest JonTheOwl66
read my opening post again. Now I am not slagging Antonio off, I just think too often JJ is sacrificed all too easily(and unfairly) and Antonio seems to be the sacred lamb.

It was more retrospective really, don't think he should have been dropped for the Brighton game.

Antonio set up Lita's goal with a wonderful assist. He deserves to start every game.

I think that in future games you may see MA having a quick look over to the far side before he smashes a hopeful cross in or turns back and passes to the nearest player.

I don't think he's used to playing with a striker who actually runs into sensible spaces in the opposition half.

I think Leroy Lita will be the making of MA.