Danny Mayor

Surely worth a shot in the Starting 11.

Bothroyd jusn't doesn't work out wide for me. He is a striker and If jones wants to persist in playing him surely he has to play in his most comfortable position.

I love JJ but I do worry that him and Antonio are fairly similar styles and with the way Antonio is playing right now it would be a sin for him to not be in the team.

When Mayor came loads of preston fans praised his technical ability. If we have players who can put a delivery into the box and provide service then the strikers can't complain that they aren't getting enough chances.

Guest wilyfox

I agree. Bothroyd's delivery is decent with his left peg, but he doesn't have the pace or craft to get that yard of space to cross. Mayor should be ready to rock'n'roll by now - he's had two months to get his form and fitness up. I wanna see him more involved. Presumably DJ plumped for Mayor instead of a return for Treacy. We need that type of contribution from wide areas in contrast to Antonio.

Guest wilyfox

Get Mayor out on loan with Madine and Maguire when he's fit. All could benefit from playing time but at this point are certainly not the answer to our problems

Quite simply...no. Madine played his way back into contention lastnight, in my opinion. Scored one and maybe should have had a second. I'd like to see Mayor on the bench at least, because JJ is not much of a provider. Maguire, yes, loan when fit.

bothroyd plays when he is fit or not or dire ,reason being as someone succinctly put last night he is a player that might do something ,

I am unsure about Bothroyd. He is so frustrating but then played a great ball for our goal last night.

He has it in his locker but just isn't doing it enough.

Would like to see mayor given a chance as clearly something needs to happen to spark us into life. Not that he will necessarily provide that spark though.

I am unsure about Bothroyd. He is so frustrating but then played a great ball for our goal last night.

Would like to see mayor given a chance as clearly something needs to happen to spark us into life. Not that he will necessarily provide that spark though.

unless he is injured cannot understand why he isnt being given a chance tbh only seen him live once in the under 21s derby he was oustanding - perplexing

unless he is injured cannot understand why he isnt being given a chance tbh only seen him live once in the under 21s derby he was oustanding - perplexing

DJ must feel he is not ready but when other options don't seem to be working i don't see a problem in giving him a chance. He is going to have to change something soon so maybe he will get his chance.

Can't see Bothroyd getting dropped though.

Ideally DJ would want to keep Madine as part of his matchday squad. Problem is, the squad as it stands isn't good enough, and to bring some quality in, players will have to leave. You can only ship out players who other teams want

Very true and if Madine was to go out for a bit and get some games and goals and come back confident and meanwhile we brought in a better striker, i don't see how anyone can have a problem with that.

Guest wilyfox

Very true and if Madine was to go out for a bit and get some games and goals and come back confident and meanwhile we brought in a better striker, i don't see how anyone can have a problem with that.

I don't think confidence would ever be a problem with Madine. He seems to have an ever-present belief in his own ability - which is a positive trait. Service to Madine is a bigger concern. When we pick him out, he's a threat as shown lastnight against the league leaders.

good ball but was offside lmao

Madine needs to anticipate situations better, I think he has the technical ability to play at this level and of course he's only young, something we sometimes forget. Knowing when to make that run is something that will improve as he gets more experience

don't dissagree mate if he puts the work in and produces thats all good ,seems to me though he is just waiting to go back to qpr

Guest Sheff Owl

Danny Mayor is a cracking player, he should at least be involved in the match day squad.

If he thinks Mayor is not ready then when will he be ready?

Paul Corry has just been playing university football and more or less comes straight in, i do like him but i don't think it's the right time.

Lee was apparently 'not ready' yet comes in and has a great game.

very confusing.

Danny Mayor is a cracking player, he should at least be involved in the match day squad.

If he thinks Mayor is not ready then when will he be ready?

Paul Corry has just been playing university football and more or less comes straight in, i do like him but i don't think it's the right time.

Lee was apparently 'not ready' yet comes in and has a great game.

very confusing.

one of many weird bewildering decisons