Feel good factor

Guest totemowl

what did he win & look at the team he inherited

Don't be ridiculous! In terms of what he achieved he's the most succesful manager we've had in over 50 years.

You know you that otherwise you'd have named another when I asked you to.

Can you honestly say that you still have it,because I cant its gone @ this present time. DJ in my opinion is doing a Trevor Francis/ Ron Atkinson senario breaking up a good solid hardworking side to quickly,bringing in players (Boothroyd,Taylor) etc that just havent got the hunger or desire,team morale also seems to be on the low side.My own opinion is that DJ may have lost some of the dressing room,hope im wrong

Feel good factors can be created regardless of results

e.g. Semedo day we might get hammered 4-0 away at Forest but we'll have a laugh and it'll keep spirits up till the next win comes

Owlstalk Shop

Why don't people understand last season we was in league 1 this division is a lot harder

F**king hell, I cant stop agreeing with you at the moment.

We all allowed ourselves to get carried away pre-season with all this ridiculous talk of Norwich and Southampton going straight up to the premiership, and a lot of people underestimated the challenge ahead.

This is a really difficult division, full of clubs with buckets of money to spend and premier league standard players, we might not be bankrupt anymore, but we are by no means a wealthy club, we dont have millions to spend on top class players, thats why we still rely on people like Dan Jones and JJ, do people really think Dave Jones wouldnt love to go and sign strikers for 8 million quid?

As for team morale, it still seems fairly high to me, the lads all play for each other, but I've said it before, its a lot easier to look like a happy, together team unit, when you're winning games every week, but we've swapped Wycombe Wanderers for Wolves now, and wins are going to be much harder to come by.

I've kind of become apathetic over recent games. Blackburn away was the killer for me. As soon as I saw we were playing 4-5-1 again, but without COG playing the lone striker role, I knew we'd already lost it.

If we can see things like this, why can't the manager?

I know things will change, I'm just intrigued to know what will act as the catalyst for our improvement, that's the only thing I am interested in at the moment.

Tonight, I won't expect much, but I will still hope for plenty. If we lose, rather than get angry, which would be my normal reaction, I'll just go "whatever". It's all a tincey wincey bit predictable and tedious at the moment.

I've kind of become apathetic over recent games. Blackburn away was the killer for me. As soon as I saw we were playing 4-5-1 again, but without COG playing the lone striker role, I knew we'd already lost it.

If we can see things like this, why can't the manager?

I know things will change, I'm just intrigued to know what will act as the catalyst for our improvement, that's the only thing I am interested in at the moment.

Tonight, I won't expect much, but I will still hope for plenty. If we lose, rather than get angry, which would be my normal reaction, I'll just go "whatever". It's all a tincey wincey bit predictable and tedious at the moment.

At least your heads not stuck in the sands pal,good post

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Big Ron / Francis was a different scenario really... Initally trev built on the fantastic team we had and improved it (Warhust / Waddle / Bright). It was only when he decided that we needed to get rid of some of the senior pros such as Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson, Wilson, Worthington and replace them with younger players that it fell apart (aside from the poor man management eg. Harkes / King). Unfortunately the replacements were inferior.

I would compare Dave Jones scenario with when Big Ron came in and totally revamped the team in-line with his footballing philosophy. This is not easy as Ron's first full season in charge proves..

At least your heads not stuck in the sands pal,good post

I don't think lots of people do have their head in the sand.

I do however think that a lots a fans need to just accept that this season is going to be a tough one and basically look at DJ's record and then just trust him to get on with it.

Big Ron / Francis was a different scenario really... Initally trev built on the fantastic team we had and improved it (Warhust / Waddle / Bright). It was only when he decided that we needed to get rid of some of the senior pros such as Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson, Wilson, Worthington and replace them with younger players that it fell apart (aside from the poor man management eg. Harkes / King). Unfortunately the replacements were inferior.

I would compare Dave Jones scenario with when Big Ron came in and totally revamped the team in-line with his footballing philosophy. This is not easy as Ron's first full season in charge proves..

Top post pal,but look what Ron bought & look @ the players DJ is fetching in

Guest totemowl

DJ quoted on OS saying there is still a feel good factor around the place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after we equalised I did feel we could go on and win but ONLY if we took the game to them - that we did not - that we do not

added to his we were in control

??????????????? Baffling, absolutely fkn baffling

Nothing like selective mis-quoting to get the shoes flying.

I've still been getting that anticipation before every game, just like last season. The difference is that once the game starts it tends to fall into the same groove every time and seeing things like when we play it forward and feeling like it's a strain for us to keep it up there saps the energy out of you as a fan.

Guest Foxhill Owl

we should have done that

Yes but Milan isn't a Wednesday fan , he is a business man were as Hudds chairman is a die hard fan n is willing to chuck his own money in , that's the difference .

Guest Deleted member

Yes but Lee is a Wednesday fan , he needs to remove his emotions from his style of leadership as he isn't thinking things through from a business point of view.

(Thats what people used to say)