DJ hates the Championship

Star article today quotes this and I remember he said in a RS interview earlier this season that he hated this league with a passion

I always feel DJ is not exactly media friendly - maybe something to do with that business years ago -

but considering he has spent most of his management career in this league, it sounds a bit like the bloke at work who is always miserable and hates it but never does anything about it

I just worry that this sort of demeanour is not very inspirational for those around him

maybe the old Sunderland fans rendition of Daydream Believer - 'cheer up Peter Reid' might be appropriate for DJ?

'Cheer up Dave(y) Jones !!!!!'

Guest Wilf Marshall

Yeah it's a hard league to get out of.

He had a lot of promotion campaigns to frustrate him.

What did he say specifically about why he hated it?

Guest Hola Tidman

my point exactly !

please tell ?

In relation to Reda Johnsons injury DJ told Paul walker that he currently has a vitamin D defficiency, which is to do with a lack of sun, and therefore they have sent Reda away. Paul Walker asked where and of course DJ, the legend said Scarborough...... lol

Guest Ratty-owl

Star article today quotes this and I remember he said in a RS interview earlier this season that he hated this league with a passion

I always feel DJ is not exactly media friendly - maybe something to do with that business years ago -

but considering he has spent most of his management career in this league, it sounds a bit like the bloke at work who is always miserable and hates it but never does anything about it

I just worry that this sort of demeanour is not very inspirational for those around him

maybe the old Sunderland fans rendition of Daydream Believer - 'cheer up Peter Reid' might be appropriate for DJ?

'Cheer up Dave(y) Jones !!!!!'

The blokes probably earned enough money to retire by now if he wanted to.

Give him a break FFS

Guest Ratty-owl

The point was it can't be that bad, he's earned his money, and (I would guess) isn't short of a bob or two.

So if he hated it that much he could pack in.

By the same token, the amount of time he has spent in the Championship, don't you think that when he is talking to players they would know, understand and respect this?

Just saying like xx