Julian Bennett

Guest RocketOwl

I know the thread on Bennett is a wind up, but...

He's another player who had a lot of potential but suffered a horrendous injury and never really found his form again. He lost a yard of pace and never learned to adjust. He lost some confidence in the tackle and shies away a little. Essentially, for whatever he might have been, he is now a league one full back at best.

Hahaha i wasn't going to open the thread, then i did.

I was going to stop reading at 'one of the most astute signings we had made for a long time' but i'm glad i didn't.

This is my favourite Owlstalk thread.. Ever. Comparing Bennett to Ashley Cole and mentioning his 'England promise'.

I smell bacon. Still though. Best wind up attempt i've seen on here in a while. Had me genuinely laughing.

Tis a good effort

Guest Leeswfc3

I think Bennett deserves a second chance as Lewis Buxton is now one of our best players, but was once deemed not good enough by many fans, as was Reda. Julian Bennett is also a great player to have in the dressing room, he is a leader and we need this sort of character at the moment. Like you say, his long throw is a weapon and we should utilsie it, as the only othe person with a really long throw is Chris Maguire.

Is he? oh and Bennett is pants pal.

Guest RocketOwl

I know he is. Worst left back since !eswetherick, funny the amount of simpletons(who in fact bought up grammatical erros) thought I was being serious.

Guest Big Guns

The last time I saw as much reversing was the Pigs promotion bus reversing back in the garage

Are you going to throw him off a bridge or out of a window?