Scum Wednesdayites !

Guest Bri The owl

I hate that anyone from wednesday would sing those chants about turkey. I want our club to be better than that. But if other people booed them for it then at least that shows they're in the minority.

Tonight was a terrible night for Leeds and the decent Leeds fans know it. You can forget about the people with chips on their shoulders that call up the radio shows and want the world to hear them sing. I couldn't make it down to the game but watching it in a pub up in Leeds, and the Leeds fans were absolutely livid with that guy. Absolutely fuming. They stopped caring about the game at that point. The majority know the reputation they have and the problems tonight will cause for them; and the majority aren't causing trouble and aren't bad people. I honestly had a good time watching the match with them, good banter etc when we scored.

At the end of the day its a two-way street. As long as opposing fans call Leeds scum all the time, then the hardcore fools will use it as an excuse just to live up to that expectation and do stupid poo like tonight. It's exactly the same with Milwall. It's nobody else's "fault" that the guy went onto the pitch and nobody can "blame" us for that - but when people sing scum chants or about turkey, then you provide the idiots with an excuse - and that's what they want. It's what they're waiting for.

There's a difference between hate and banter and what goes on with Leeds fans is often more hate than banter. It's up to everyone to make it stop, not just them. Don't get me wrong though - I know this will never, ever happen. Some people will just never stop hating Leeds. They might say there's good reason in it - but really it's because they're haters; they love to hate because they have nothing better to do in their sad provincial depressing little lives; and this is what they enjoy - getting angry about stuff and slagging other people off. So next time will be just the same - there will be sections of fans at our club and every club in the country out to wind up the Leeds fans again, call them scum, wind them up more so they do something stupid, and then get all angry and righteous about it and slag them off some more.

Because they've simply nothing better to do.

Anyway I'm going to put this here just to end on a good note. Corry doing well tonight - add that to Lee and Mayor looking good - Mattock and Jones looking much improved - the future is BRIGHT for Wednesday. I know people have some resevations about Antonio but I think he is class - always scares defenders when he gets the ball, and Bothroyd finally getting a goal perhaps we can all move forward together now. We've got a tough game and then two absolutely crucial games coming up. Three more performances like tonight could turn our season around. UTO.

The Leeds fans were hell bent on trouble from the start. The Dave Jones chant was bad enough but to then come out with the Jimmy Saville " he sh**s what he wants" was downright disgraceful I am not condoning the Turkey chant which was also below the belt but to say the wednesday fans started it is just not true. How can you excuse attacking a player throwing bottles and ripping out seats.

Didn't hear that

That's disgusting

I hate that anyone from wednesday would sing those chants about turkey. I want our club to be better than that. But if other people booed them for it then at least that shows they're in the minority.

Tonight was a terrible night for Leeds and the decent Leeds fans know it. You can forget about the people with chips on their shoulders that call up the radio shows and want the world to hear them sing. I couldn't make it down to the game but watching it in a pub up in Leeds, and the Leeds fans were absolutely livid with that guy. Absolutely fuming. They stopped caring about the game at that point. The majority know the reputation they have and the problems tonight will cause for them; and the majority aren't causing trouble and aren't bad people. I honestly had a good time watching the match with them, good banter etc when we scored.

At the end of the day its a two-way street. As long as opposing fans call Leeds scum all the time, then the hardcore fools will use it as an excuse just to live up to that expectation and do stupid poo like tonight. It's exactly the same with Milwall. It's nobody else's "fault" that the guy went onto the pitch and nobody can "blame" us for that - but when people sing scum chants or about turkey, then you provide the idiots with an excuse - and that's what they want. It's what they're waiting for.

There's a difference between hate and banter and what goes on with Leeds fans is often more hate than banter. It's up to everyone to make it stop, not just them. Don't get me wrong though - I know this will never, ever happen. Some people will just never stop hating Leeds. They might say there's good reason in it - but really it's because they're haters; they love to hate because they have nothing better to do in their sad provincial depressing little lives; and this is what they enjoy - getting angry about stuff and slagging other people off. So next time will be just the same - there will be sections of fans at our club and every club in the country out to wind up the Leeds fans again, call them scum, wind them up more so they do something stupid, and then get all angry and righteous about it and slag them off some more.

Anyway I'm going to put this here just to end on a good note. Corry doing well tonight - add that to Lee and Mayor looking good - Mattock and Jones looking much improved - the future is BRIGHT for Wednesday. I know people have some resevations about Antonio but I think he is class - always scares defenders when he gets the ball, and Bothroyd finally getting a goal perhaps we can all move forward together now. We've got a tough game and then two absolutely crucial games coming up. Three more performances like tonight could turn our season around. UTO.

Good post but Mattock did not play tonight .

Excellent post.

2 Leeds fans were rogering stabbed to death you muppet ! Don't hear fans taunting us about the 2 owls fans that got killed on way back from Coventry !!!!!

Er, no but you constantly here the Leeds fans singing about Munich everywhere they go. Seems they like to dish out the rough stuff but can't take it themselves. Typical bully boy behaviour.

Having said that, our fans should not have taunted them with that in the first place.