Were we not in Europe in 1991/92 season? and if so why not?

Totally agree. Try and get that view heard or published, both locally and nationally - you haven't a chance. I've tried many times with letters and comments and they're never published.

Justice for the 39

Do you think the exact same people were involved?

Please don't blame the scouters as it upsets some people on here although maybe we should ask for compensation from them due to their lovely do nothing wrong fans causing us to miss out on at least 2 money spinning seasons in Europe and possibly as many as 5.

Why are they related to Baden Powell? lol

Do you seriously think we would have escaped a ban anyway? What happened at Heysel was both unprecedented and a national disgrace. English clubs had been wreaking havoc in Europe for years and all of the politicians regardless of party allegiance were sick of our name being dragged through the mud. Had Labour been in power I doubt they would have acted any differently.

The political point scoring is a side issue that is deflecting blame away from the real source of the problem which was out and out hooliganism.

Probably not as UEFA don't seem to be our biggest fans but it certainly did not help the case. It would have made more sense to simply ban Liverpool. As a club we had done nothing wrong to warrant a ban from Europe. Interestingly the national team weren't banned from playing in Europe, were politics involved?

Do you think the exact same people were involved?

It’s nothing to do with which individuals were involved. During the period of both Heysel and Hillsborough, ticketless Liverpool fans (and those of other clubs) were renowned for “steaming” the gates at every away match that they could – forcing through without paying and causing the resulting chaos inside. They did this at both grounds. Some Liverpool fans were indirectly responsible for deaths at Heysel. Some Liverpool fans were indirectly responsible for deaths at Hillsborough, as their actions outside the ground contributed to the fateful decision to open the gates, thus starting the tragic series of events.

It’s nothing to do with which individuals were involved. During the period of both Heysel and Hillsborough, ticketless Liverpool fans (and those of other clubs) were renowned for “steaming” the gates at every away match that they could – forcing through without paying and causing the resulting chaos inside. They did this at both grounds. Some Liverpool fans were indirectly responsible for deaths at Heysel. Some Liverpool fans were indirectly responsible for deaths at Hillsborough, as their actions outside the ground contributed to the fateful decision to open the gates, thus starting the tragic series of events.

Not done much reading on the Hillsborough disaster then?

Don't think you've understood my post as your response only reinforces my point.

Previous posts place a direct link between two completely separate events as a result of the club involved, as if the two events were linked, when they weren't .

Not done much reading on the Hillsborough disaster then?

Don't think you've understood my post as your response only reinforces my point.

Previous posts place a direct link between two completely separate events as a result of the club involved, as if the two events were linked, when they weren't .

Clear cut case of guilt by association.

A.k.a. Football hooliganism was rife in the 70's, you went to football in the 70's therefore you are a football hooligan.