I've said it before and i'll say it again...

Guest North Stand Owl....

He's reyt old. If were gonna sign him we might as well see if we can tempt Barry Horne out of retirement to go next to him

I'm sure QPR fans said something similar when Colin brought him but look at how that turned out. Granted he's a year or two older but if he helps bring a brain and most importantly, some experience to this side then so be it.

I'm sure QPR fans said something similar when Colin brought him but look at how that turned out. Granted he's a year or two older but if he helps bring a brain and most importantly, some experience to this side then so be it.

We can't defend set pieces, so let's sign a centre midfielder guaranteed to give away ten free kicks a game.

Mental

We can't defend set pieces, so let's sign a centre midfielder guaranteed to give away ten free kicks a game.

Mental

So you shouldn't sign a midfielder who might give away free kicks because you can't defend set pieces?

Maybe signing someone like Shaun Derry might get you a foothold in games and see you having to face less set pieces.

And equally, maybe Jones and his coaching staff should be drilling the lads a lot harder in training until they solve this set pieces problem.

Guest Wilf Marshall

I think he would be a good signing absolutely.

It might be that Barkley is a luxury at the moment and so getting some brute in there with experience would be ideal.

So you shouldn't sign a midfielder who might give away free kicks because you can't defend set pieces?

Maybe signing someone like Shaun Derry might get you a foothold in games and see you having to face less set pieces.

And equally, maybe Jones and his coaching staff should be drilling the lads a lot harder in training until they solve this set pieces problem.

We aren't creating enough, and most of our weaknesses seem to be defending and stopping crosses. A defensive midfielder isn't the answer, one that gives away a pile of free kicks would kill us.

We aren't creating enough, and most of our weaknesses seem to be defending and stopping crosses. A defensive midfielder isn't the answer, one that gives away a pile of free kicks would kill us.

But maybe adding a more disciplined midfielder like Shaun Derry will allow the likes of Chris Lines (when he returns) or Rhys McCabe to push further up the field and try and cause some damage. We can throw all sorts of scenarios forward.

Wednesday could do a lot worse. As for defending. It's a team game which starts from the front and usually the methods are heavily dependent on the coaches and the way in which they want their sides to defend. The defensive issues should be a much bigger worry, improving that side of the game will make it a hell of a lot easier for us to win football matches and take the pressure off our atttack minded players. As it stands, we're conceding too many goals to win football matches on a consistent basis.

We could do with a big rangy unit to boss things, now I get the impression Yaya Toure wont be available, but a solid championship standard version wouldn't go a miss, sort of like what Seyi Olofinjana used to do for Wolves before he got knackered and sh!t.

Guest totemowl

But maybe adding a more disciplined midfielder like Shaun Derry will allow the likes of Chris Lines (when he returns) or Rhys McCabe to push further up the field and try and cause some damage. We can throw all sorts of scenarios forward.

Wednesday could do a lot worse. As for defending. It's a team game which starts from the front and usually the methods are heavily dependent on the coaches and the way in which they want their sides to defend. The defensive issues should be a much bigger worry, improving that side of the game will make it a hell of a lot easier for us to win football matches and take the pressure off our atttack minded players. As it stands, we're conceding too many goals to win football matches on a consistent basis.

I knew you'd come over to us before too long.

We're so MASSIVE we're irresistable.

Welcome aboard.

I think that is the guy i referred to above who played for Hull against us on saturday. Yes he would be the type were after

Ahh so you did, missed that somehow,

He's about 32 now I think and not quite got the legs he used to have, but he's always been able to control games at this level, quality player.

Missing Treacy enormously....

Bring balance to the midfield, technically good, can defend wheb needed & can't half put a ball in be it from the wing or set pieces.

JJ & Antonio both starting doesn't work imo.

We really don't miss treacy.

Ask Burnley.

We really don't miss treacy.

Ask Burnley.

That theory dont really work i mean look at Martin Taylor for example.

Treacy would be a good squad player but not the answer to our problems at the minute, We need to sort set pieces & crosses out that come in to our box and all get playing as a team again.

Hmm. I don't want derry because he's poor with the ball, slow, gives away freekicks all over the shop and we should really be looking for better.

Add to that he doesn't solve the problems we are having.

With regards your point, I agree that defending from the front is important. But our style of play isn't allowing us to build or play possession football. Too much pumping it long, or relying on jj or Antonio to run with it. In defence we are caught short because we simply don't defend or stop crosses well enough, or get caught out because we've tried to get up with the strikers after a long ball.

Derry three years ago would have been ideal, now we don't really lack experience - the team just doesn't quite click. I think we have all the required parts, just not put together right.