I've said it before and i'll say it again...

Guest North Stand Owl....

But maybe adding a more disciplined midfielder like Shaun Derry will allow the likes of Chris Lines (when he returns) or Rhys McCabe to push further up the field and try and cause some damage. We can throw all sorts of scenarios forward.

Wednesday could do a lot worse. As for defending. It's a team game which starts from the front and usually the methods are heavily dependent on the coaches and the way in which they want their sides to defend. The defensive issues should be a much bigger worry, improving that side of the game will make it a hell of a lot easier for us to win football matches and take the pressure off our atttack minded players. As it stands, we're conceding too many goals to win football matches on a consistent basis.

lines is a proper lightweight, all these talking about "when lines returns" are talkin' b*llox, or must have seen a different one to the butterfly is saw last season...

throwin' lines into a championship m/f battle, is like firing a bazooka with a 99 (one flake type) in it at a tiger tank...

Hmm. I don't want derry because he's poor with the ball, slow, gives away freekicks all over the shop and we should really be looking for better.

Add to that he doesn't solve the problems we are having.

With regards your point, I agree that defending from the front is important. But our style of play isn't allowing us to build or play possession football. Too much pumping it long, or relying on jj or Antonio to run with it. In defence we are caught short because we simply don't defend or stop crosses well enough, or get caught out because we've tried to get up with the strikers after a long ball.

Derry three years ago would have been ideal, now we don't really lack experience - the team just doesn't quite click. I think we have all the required parts, just not put together right.

Funny how football fans see things differently. I think he'd be ideal till the end of the season or something silly like that. Tide you over, and give the likes of Rhys McCabe, Rhodri, Chris Lines the protection in this division. He doesn't neccesarily have to do any passing, he gets it and moves it on. The destroyer for want of a better word. You might have Semedo but is he good enough for this division?

lines is a proper lightweight, all these talking about "when lines returns" are talkin' b*llox, or must have seen a different one to the butterfly is saw last season...

throwin' lines into a championship m/f battle, is like firing a bazooka with a 99 (one flake type) in it at a tiger tank...

Then by having a decent ball winner next to him will make up for him being lightweight. I liked what I saw from Lines last season in the bits I've saw of him, and in our pre-season match he was head and shoulders above anybody else. Given the run you're on, I can see Dave Jones reverting back to him as hope that he can at least get in and 'stop the rot'. It also looks by several other posts on this forum that he is under-valued by the Wednesday support.