Learning to let it lie...

So Dave Jones is now the new Irvine..Megson is the old Ron....O Grady is Heffernan..Bothroyd is Be Bilde and all the others play bit parts in the pantomime we seem to be turning into...

All playing to an audience that claps the villain...boos the heroes, depending on the flipping time of the month, and goes vice versa the next week...

Dave Jones took us up against all odds last year..we were euphoric, beating the Blades to the last spot an' all...could not have gone better...This year Widow fookin' t w*nky has been caught with her drawers down a few times...and the audience is fookin' booing everybody....It doesn't work lads....anyone who can p*ss the Blades off as much as Jones did last season, deserves a little better, he may have..in our eyes got some things wrong this year...but surely he deserves a little more from us...

I can take the odd few defeats as he tinkers with it....I feel I owe him that for the great time I had last season...

Jones must already be thinking..... "He's behind you!!!!!!!" every time Milan comes into the dressing room...but one thing we never give it...is time...maybe this time we should wait for the curtain to come down, before hauling on the bugger from the stalls

Edited by asteener1867

Guest JC Saviour

So Dave Jones is now the new Irvine..Megson is the old Ron....O Grady is Heffernan..Bothroyd is Be Bilde and all the others play bit parts in the pantomime we seem to be turning into...

All playing to an audience that claps the villain...boos the heroes, depending on the flipping time of the month, and goes vice versa the next week...

Dave Jones took us up against all odds last year..we were euphoric, beating the Blades to the last spot an' all...could not have gone better...This year Widow fookin' t w*nky has been caught with her drawers down a few times...and the audience is fookin' booing everybody....It doesn't work lads....anyone who can p*ss the Blades off as much as Jones did last season, deserves a little better, he may have..in our eyes got some things wrong this year...but surely he deserves a little more from us...

I can take the odd few defeats as he tinkers with it....I feel I owe him that for the great time I had last season...

Jones must already be thinking..... "He's behind you!!!!!!!" every time Milan comes into the dressing room...but one thing we never give it...is time...maybe this time we should wait for the curtain to come down, before hauling on the bugger from the stalls

I've got to disagree mate. This is the old Dave Jones. You've got Leeds next, If Blues Barnsley and Millwall win, you're 7pts adrift if you lose. that's a 3 game swing with your GD. I've seen it happen at wolves and I've pissed myself laughing at him. I like you lot though. you deserve at least a chance at stability. What do you do? hang on for Christmas giving the new guy little time to assess your squad. Give Jonees the winter window see if he improves? there's a time to be ruthless in football especially with repeat offenders.

Edited by Guest

Guest intercity0wl

I've got to disagree mate. This is the old Dave Jones. You've got Leeds next, If Blues Barnsley and Millwall win, you're 7pts adrift if you lose. that's a 3 game swing with your GD. I've seen it happen at wolves and I've pissed myself laughing at him. I like you lot though. you deserve at least a chance at stability. What do you do? hang on for Christmas giving the new guy little time to assess your squad. Give Jonees the winter window see if he improves? there's a time to be ruthless in football especially with repeat offenders.

Sorr but the +1 is an error, wrong button.

Edited by intercity0wl

Middle aged, Got mates who are wednesday dating back 28 years

Ok matey.

It's good to have other fans views on our club, we've all got blue and white tinted specs on and an outside view is welcome.

Ok matey.

It's good to have other fans views on our club, we've all got blue and white tinted specs on and an outside view is welcome.

I genuinely want you to do well, and I quite like this site because the banter's good and when I see my mates which is not as often as I should, I've picked stuff I can talk about. My views on Jones isn't gonna go down well though

Guest tha_knows

I genuinely want you to do well, and I quite like this site because the banter's good and when I see my mates which is not as often as I should, I've picked stuff I can talk about. My views on Jones isn't gonna go down well though

Baggiehy, sorry this completely off topic mate but just wondered what ya views are on Des Lyttle? Just he's currently assistant manager at York City and my cousins bloke plays there, and whilst we were in discussion he spoke very highly of Lyttle says he's a top bloke. Supposedly a decent full back in his playing career?

Awaits the realist

lol

You forgot the password?

One manager eventually needs to be given time. Sturrock didn't really get enough, laws lost the plot but probably would have done better than Irvine.

We've chopped and changed the squad season after season.. new back four every year and at the moment, every week.. 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1.. cog on the bench, out left, upfront on his own, partnering rodri/madine/bothroyd.. reda, beevers, mattock, lee, buxton, Jones, jj all played full back.. zero continuity. And people wonder why we never progress?

We've sold every decent player we had in the last few seasons. Never built a squad, never signed top youth players, never been able to build a core group of players that developed together as a core.

Eventually we've got to do all of this. I'm not impressed with Jones dismantling of last year's squad, or his team selection, or the results. But looking at the players we have, Jones pedigree and the level of this league, he will keep us up and kick on next year. Now ain't the time to panic, or infight, or get on the players back. None of that will help.

Baggiehy, sorry this completely off topic mate but just wondered what ya views are on Des Lyttle? Just he's currently assistant manager at York City and my cousins bloke plays there, and whilst we were in discussion he spoke very highly of Lyttle says he's a top bloke. Supposedly a decent full back in his playing career?

Had one good season with us when we lost to Bolton in the playoffs partnered Ruel Fox. He was overshadowed by Igor Balis who's a cult hero for his penalty though during the choke. He was released during our first prem season