It's only October

Lets take a check here for a minute - we've just got promoted after 10 years of sh!te, were 2 months into the new season in the 2nd tier of English football with a dozen or whatever new signings who need time to bed in to the squad.

we have had injuries which have meant changes in the starting line-up almost every week and people are calling for the managers head. sorry but apart from blind hope, which i'm sure we've all had at times, we were never expected to be up there challenging so soon !

lets give the squad and the manager time to settle into this league - I'm probably gonna get shot down for this but a bloke who took us on a 17 game unbeaten run including winning promotion doesn't turn into a bad manager overnight and must have a bit of an idea as he did for the previous 17 games before this slump.

Lets give the players AND management our support because thats what we're supposed to do isn't it ? if it doesn't change in the next couple of months then thats when we should be asking questions and maybe then looking to make changes but at the moment its WAY TOO EARLY TO BE SACKING PEOPLE !!.

Up The Owls

Yes there was a great run, and now there is a really poor one. Why do we have to be at one end of the pendulum? That great run was in the League below, with on the whole, a different squad.

Last season was amazing and DJ was just what we needed. But weve taken 1 point from 6/7 games.

It may only be October, but we have to be approaching a quarter of a season now.

^^^^

exactly, this division is one step higher than last year and with better teams better players and probably better managers so all the more reason to give it time as did anyone expect us to do in this division what we did in the lower one last year when we were competing with less talented players etc.

Lets take a check here for a minute - we've just got promoted after 10 years of sh!te, were 2 months into the new season in the 2nd tier of English football with a dozen or whatever new signings who need time to bed in to the squad.

we have had injuries which have meant changes in the starting line-up almost every week and people are calling for the managers head. sorry but apart from blind hope, which i'm sure we've all had at times, we were never expected to be up there challenging so soon !

lets give the squad and the manager time to settle into this league - I'm probably gonna get shot down for this but a bloke who took us on a 17 game unbeaten run including winning promotion doesn't turn into a bad manager overnight and must have a bit of an idea as he did for the previous 17 games before this slump.

Lets give the players AND management our support because thats what we're supposed to do isn't it ? if it doesn't change in the next couple of months then thats when we should be asking questions and maybe then looking to make changes but at the moment its WAY TOO EARLY TO BE SACKING PEOPLE !!.

Up The Owls

Hate to say it but giving him our support and saying its too early to be sacking people is daft. Time flies in football,how long we gonna give him before we're cast 5/10 adrift at the bottom? Time is of the essence here..it's the rots not stopped asap its going to be very hard to get out of this.

i havent suggested giving him infinite time just a bit longer than 8 weeks or whatever, lets remember he has been in this job since February only and since then we've had it bloody good under him, did we really expect it to always be that good without a struggle along the way?

the test of the guy will be in how he does in trying to get us through this bad spell, the 1st one under him, if he hadnt have had such a great start to the job would we have been calling for his head after 8 weeks at the beginning of his reign ?

It's only October... then it's only November... then it's only 3 points from safety... then 5 points from safety etc...

Something is very clearly wrong. Yes this division is a step up, but there isn't that much difference between the bottom third of this league and top 6-7 teams of League One.

Is Jones getting the best out of this squad? No. Will he get the best out of this squad? Doesn't appear so. No point waiting until the horse has already bolted.

^^^^

exactly, this division is one step higher than last year and with better teams better players and probably better managers so all the more reason to give it time as did anyone expect us to do in this division what we did in the lower one last year when we were competing with less talented players etc.

No.

But I didnt expect us to be so ineffective either. Were in danger of sleepwalking into trouble IMO.

i havent suggested giving him infinite time just a bit longer than 8 weeks or whatever, lets remember he has been in this job since February only and since then we've had it bloody good under him, did we really expect it to always be that good without a struggle along the way?

the test of the guy will be in how he does in trying to get us through this bad spell, the 1st one under him, if he hadnt have had such a great start to the job would we have been calling for his head after 8 weeks at the beginning of his reign ?

If he had picked up 1 point from 7 games or so on the bounce then questions would be asked.

We had a great platform to build on at the end of last season and it looks as if we've lost the impetus. Ideally he will turn it round, I dont like seeing managers sacked, but something seems wrong at the moment.

That promotion party against Wycombe seems a very distant memory dosen't it

and so does our last win this season

It can't carry on for much longer , and DJ stop moaning bout 'Bad Luck and Bad refs'

it sounds amateurish and sour grapes

Up The Owls

Finally, a post to sum up the times. No truer words can/will be said