Dave Jones sacked?

Guest markowl123

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I know what your saying and yes it's worrying that we've not taken any points in the last five games. But, the fact that jones only lost three points (?) in the run in last year, gives him enough credibility, in my eyes, to turn the ship around.

He who have little faith!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Cant see Manderic sacking Jones cos Megson is still on Gardening Leave so that would be 2 pay offs or 2 lots wages, can even Manderic affored this?

So the obvious solution is to sack Jones and bring back Megson. King Meg would sort out the players, make them take pride in the shirt and fight for the cause.

So the obvious solution is to sack Jones and bring back Megson. King Meg would sort out the players, make them take pride in the shirt and fight for the cause.

I, like he did against Chessy away.

I know what your saying and yes it's worrying that we've not taken any points in the last five games. But, the fact that jones only lost three points (?) in the run in last year, gives him enough credibility, in my eyes, to turn the ship around.

He who have little faith!

YOU'RE RIGHT...

now is not the time to sack the dj...

he has to have time, he did earn that time with his result's at the end of last season...

but it's not a bottomless pit...

the fans are growing restless, some are turning, other teams fans where he has managed before are posting saying his failings are what we can see for ourselves...

we'll IF the fans are restless that's not good news...

IF the fans are against that's bad news...

IF the chairman is against you, that's a terminal illness...

IF mm has seen enough, you're a deadman walking, and you're successor has been spoken to at length...

We are far stronger NOW in all departments.

The only difference being that we are playing against the likes of Bolton & Wolves et al this season, as opposed to Bury & Brentford et al.

Things really need to be put into perspective. We lost 1-0 on Saturday against Wolves, not 5-1 away at Stevenage.

how many time are you going to keep mentioning stevenage away to hide the fact that your hero has smashed a team and brought in a cart load of individuals, who HE is incapable of getting to play as a team???

I've waited a while before having my opinion on Dave Jones. One or two things have been happening where I've not been able to get to as many games as I would've liked to and as a result I've not been following things as closely as I usually would.

I've seen 3 games, the TV game against Oldham and the Home Games Millwall and Bolton. I'm probably not in a position to comment but here goes. I think he's brought in far too many players and as a result doesn't know his strongest 11. One or two players who may be in his strongest 11 haven't been available because of injury, I suspect one of these is Chris Lines who's delivery at Set-Pieces in particular has been badly missed.

Some say he should've stuck with the players that got him up in the first place. Fair point but had he done this we may be on a similar run and the argument would be he hadn't changed the squad sufficiently enough to compete in the Championship. As a result he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Personally I think he's drawn the short straw by following a Manager who had a 90% strike rate in the Transfer Market in gary megson. In my time following Wednesday only Big Jack and Big Ron come close.

The bottom line is though Megson built a League 1 side full of League 1 players to get out of League 1 and he left Jones with a side that was capable and did achieve promotion. Jones has to build a side for the Championship and over the years at other clubs he's proved time and again he's capable of this at this level and I'm sure he can do the same here. The fact is as Jones knows only too well that any mistakes you make at this level invariably get punished and that is what we are currently seeing. You can get away with it at League 1 level and at times last season we did.

Has he made mistakes? Yes I think he has. Kirkland wasn't needed, Rob Jones should've been kept. Whether you rate him as good enough for this level or not, his leadership has been missed. Also I think Madine should've been given a run in the side regardless of whether he's performing or not just to get used to playing at this level because the lad has talent and will come good but he must wonder whether or not he has a future at S6 now which is strange after being given the Number 9 Shirt in the Summer?

I do think if Jones is given the time he will get Wednesday in the right areas of the Championship Table again. He may be given this by the majority of fans but it all depends on Mr Mandaric and I'm not sure how long he'll stand for this situation?

how many time are you going to keep mentioning stevenage away to hide the fact that your hero has smashed a team and brought in a cart load of individuals, who HE is incapable of getting to play as a team???

I thinkn its the first time I've mentioned Stevenage Away, although there were many more bad days under Megson when the team looked unorganised and heartless.

I think that to suggest that Jones has smashed the team to pieces so soon into the teams transition is a little bit premature and speculative. Indeed you sound very much like the Bolton poster in another thread.

Guest AlwaysNextYear

But Megson didn't build that in an instant. He was afforded time (and several bad results) to get to that point where he had his players, playing his way.

Riding the crest of Megsons wave of team spirit, fitness levels and work ethic to drowning in a sea of his own signings, bad tactics and team selections in the space of six months. You can bet MM is ringing around the numbers in his ,phone book

Go back over the last 10 games of Megsons spell and tell me when you saw- team spirit and team ethic- other than against United. I think you may be surprised?

Guest utOwlz

Im dreading tonights match to be honest, i really dont want to see Dave Jones sacked if we lose, and yet another manager to come in with his own ideas and wanting his own players to start all over again. I still believe we have the right man in Dave Jones, but he needs time, we have only played 8 games, give him time i say.

UTO

I thinkn its the first time I've mentioned Stevenage Away, although there were many more bad days under Megson when the team looked unorganised and heartless.

I think that to suggest that Jones has smashed the team to pieces so soon into the teams transition is a little bit premature and speculative. Indeed you sound very much like the Bolton poster in another thread.

i'm only going on what i've seen and results...

the results speak for themselves, the only points gained were when we had more of last season's TEAM in there...

the performances are poor,in fact they look like a bunch of players that haven't met before, or even speak the same language...

picking semedo as captain???, bloke who gets his head down and ploughs on with his own game was a warning of dj's judgement...

i am aware we came up with a poor team, it needed altering...

but the nucleus of last season's side with some added quality was (for me) what was needed...

but to rip it apart after it started by taking (was it 7 from 9) points...

to leave us with this shambles...

IT HAS TO BE SORTED QUICKLY...

if dj does not sort it soon, someone WILL be brought in to do it for him...

Here is my take. My instinct is always to stay with the chosen manager. My instinct is that changing managers, with a track record, never works.

We can all point to managerial changes, that with hindsight worked, Southampton, Norwich & us, with Megson. Conversely, you can find changes that have made things worse.

The only manager in recent times that I knew had to go, was Irvine. Definately.

With Dave Jones, I honestly don't know.

But, his recruitment, squad selection, tactics, fitness, motivation, interventions during the games, have been shambolic - reminiscent of Irvine TBH.

I really hope he knows what he is doing - because I haven't a clue, personally.

Should Milan stick or twist? I haven't a clue.

But, blind faith just isn't enough.

My point is that everyone is making out that Jones took over a team with no problems. This is far from the truth.

On many occasions and in particular towards the end of Megsons tenure we looked clueless, heartless and lacking team spirit (other than the derby but that speaks for itself). These are all the things which you are accusing Jones team to be at the minute, yet you crave for someone to come back who was delivering this before.

I'm willing to give Jones time, for his team to adapt to the Championship. I will judge him over a longer period and not just over five games.

Im dreading tonights match to be honest, i really dont want to see Dave Jones sacked if we lose, and yet another manager to come in with his own ideas and wanting his own players to start all over again. I still believe we have the right man in Dave Jones, but he needs time, we have only played 8 games, give him time i say.

UTO

Bit in bold.

There has to come a time when someone actually gets time. None of us like this situation but chopping and cganging achieves nothing other than that instant boost you get ( and that doesn't always work anyway)

My point is that everyone is making out that Jones took over a team with no problems. This is far from the truth.

On many occasions and in particular towards the end of Megsons tenure we looked clueless, heartless and lacking team spirit (other than the derby but that speaks for itself). These are all the things which you are accusing Jones team to be at the minute, yet you crave for someone to come back who was delivering this before.

I'm willing to give Jones time, for his team to adapt to the Championship. I will judge him over a longer period and not just over five games.

i don't think i've seen anyone state, or come near to stating that...

it's likely we must have had the most threadbare first Xl to be automatically promoted for a long time...

but, it did have strengths, that have been too quickly discarded...

Edited by dnhc

Go back over the last 10 games of Megsons spell and tell me when you saw- team spirit and team ethic- other than against United. I think you may be surprised?

The problem with the last 10 games(9 when you don,t count the derby)was the lack of a winger after we failed to secure the services of Marshall. As we were a big physical side who thrived on crosses and good set pieces this was the massive difference. If GM had got Antonio when he first went for him, just as the Marshall deal fell through, then the results would have been greatly different as shown in the derby game and future games when Antonio finally arrived. Edited by lanzaroteowl