Barkley

Guest totemowl

You're making a very bad comparison. Rooney was proven in the Premiership when Man U bought him. No comparison with Barkley on that count as he's hardly played for them.

And both Rooney and Gerrard played in successful teams. Barkley's been dropped in the poo poo. A very different set of circumstances.

I can't wait to see this lad back at Everton, mixing it with the first team on a regular basis from January onwards.

Because he will be.

Then we'll all think... why couldn't he do that while with us...

Try playing in a team shot of confidence, playing in a role too deep and being asked to do things such as he (along with the rest) were asked to.

Especially an 18 year old kid.

If i was Everton i'd pull him out and get him on loan to a team in a better state than us, because we're a shambles at the moment.

He's rogering crap.

Best prospect to come out of everton since Rooney? Not in a million rogering years.

Clearly the Everton fans, who have actually seen Barkley, Rooney and all the rest have a better opinion.

And as far as i can see, they RAVE about him. On forums, on twitter, facebook etc. They think he should be around their first team squad on a regular basis, as he was before he joined us.

Somethings obviously gone wrong...

And it ain't Barkley's ability.

Try the shambles of a team Dave Jones keeps sending out.

If Barkley is going to be our playmaker then we need to accomodate that style. Him and 2 wingers iin't going to work unless the opposition is defensive.

He would be better with 2 defensive midfielders behind so that he doesn't have any defensive duties to worry about.

He would fit into a 4-2-3-1 easily. Unfortunately we don't have the players required.

Buxton would be the only one I would trust, reason being he can play anywhere across the back 4 so is fairly adpatable but I don't think he could in this division.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

His passing is shocking, that ball to JJ late on today summed things up ATM. Needs to get to the gym and bulk up as easily knocked off the ball. Was it Henry in the middle for wolves today? He completely battered semedo and Barkley today, so much passion in the tackle and desire to win the ball back

Guest GreenGoose

He's clearly got summat about him.

Problem today is that he kept coming deeper and deeper to get the ball off our CBs then trying to start from there.

He should be way further forward than that, trying to pull the strings properly from CM not just doing what the CBs can do by sending it long from there.

Good to see that some people can at least balance it out with their assessment of him because as usual there's some absolute garbage being talked in here.

If you've watched him and cannot see that he's very talented with how he looks to use the ball then I can't understand that.

He's an attacking player though who has been deployed further back and you can see it affects him.

Guest foreverSWFC

lol

Got to laugh at some of the comments on here, saying he's crap etc and nowhere near as good as people expect him to be.

In a few years time he'll be playing for England, fact, end of. He's 18 years old, playing in a tough division with physical players and part of a low on confidence losing side, he's not going to be a world beater.

He was poor against Wolves, fair enough game seemed to pass him by. However against Huddersfield and Bolton he wa arguably our best player, he rarely gives the ball away, makes some intelligent passes and can change direction very well.

He's quite naive at the moment and is lacking in confidence, sometimes he gets the ball and I want him to take a player on but he seems a bit tentative to do so, that is probably due to how poor we are doing and his age. I'd love to see him when we are 2-0 up and playing well he'd really show what he is capable of. For an 18 year old he looks the business in my opinion.

Is he right for us now? I'd say not, we need some experience and battle in midfield at the moment and Barkley isn't giving us that. Being part of a losing side cannot be helping his development and confidence as a player and I can't help but feel we aren't getting the best of his ability.

I reckon he'll go back to Everton, we won't renew his loan, don't think he'd want to stay anyway tbh. But I can guarantee the doubters on here that the England central midfielders in 4 years time will be Jack Wilshere and Ross Barkley.

Edited by foreverSWFC

No doubt will be a decent player, not world class, but will earn a good living from the game, but he's not at all what we need right now, actually I think he's in the wrong league for his age, he'd do well in league one, but at the moment this league is too good for him.

The sooner he goes back to Everton the better as far as SWFC is concerned.

lol

Got to laugh at some of the comments on here, saying he's crap etc and nowhere near as good as people expect him to be.

In a few years time he'll be playing for England, fact, end of. He's 18 years old, playing in a tough division with physical players and part of a low on confidence losing side, he's not going to be a world beater.

He was poor against Wolves, fair enough game seemed to pass him by. However against Huddersfield and Bolton he wa arguably our best player, he rarely gives the ball away, makes some intelligent passes and can change direction very well.

He's quite naive at the moment and is lacking in confidence, sometimes he gets the ball and I want him to take a player on but he seems a bit tentative to do so, that is probably due to how poor we are doing and his age. I'd love to see him when we are 2-0 up and playing well he'd really show what he is capable of. For an 18 year old he looks the business in my opinion.

Is he right for us now? I'd say not, we need some experience and battle in midfield at the moment and Barkley isn't giving us that. Being part of a losing side cannot be helping his development and confidence as a player and I can't help but feel we aren't getting the best of his ability.

I reckon he'll go back to Everton, we won't renew his loan, don't think he'd want to stay anyway tbh. But I can guarantee the doubters on here that the England central midfielders in 4 years time will be Jack Wilshere and Ross Barkley.

You're right of course foreverswfc, and it needed saying. But right now he's playing crap and we need rid

lol

How can you guarantee this exactly? What do those that take this guarantee up get if it doesn't happen? Like you said he's 18, there are actually no guarantees he will be an Everton regular in the future let alone an England regular. There are so many things that can stop a very promising 18 year old from realising their potential it's foolhardy to guarantee they will reach the very top in the game.

Guest foreverSWFC

How can you guarantee this exactly? What do those that take this guarantee up get if it doesn't happen? Like you said he's 18, there are actually no guarantees he will be an Everton regular in the future let alone an England regular. There are so many things that can stop a very promising 18 year old from realising their potential it's foolhardy to guarantee they will reach the very top in the game.

It's a figure of speech really, I'm sayi e has the ability and potential to play at the highest level.

If he doesn't get a career threatening injury he will play for England, he's quality, technically far advanced than any other player we've got at the moment.