Terry Burton

Guest peter grummitt

Guest peter grummitt

strange how our decline seems to tie in with burtons departure, just wondered how much coaching he was responsible for, still think that we should try a three centre back system that wilkinson adopted when we got into the old first division it made us so strong and think this could work again, lee would make a good right wing back and reda on the other side with a central partnership of taylor..gardner and llera, i do believe our first priority is to stop conceding goals the way we are and build back the confidence...thoughts?.

Amazing how many people see fit to offer tactical advice to an experienced and qaulified football manager.

It is. But I wish that Burton was still one of those giving his tactical advice to Jones.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

strange how our decline seems to tie in with burtons departure, just wondered how much coaching he was responsible for, still think that we should try a three centre back system that wilkinson adopted when we got into the old first division it made us so strong and think this could work again, lee would make a good right wing back and reda on the other side with a central partnership of taylor..gardner and llera, i do believe our first priority is to stop conceding goals the way we are and build back the confidence...thoughts?.

i think burtons departure certainly did jones no favours .......as for the 3 centre backs it worked 30 years ago not sure it would now .

Well he wasn't actually with you that long was he? He only left us in February last year when did he leave you?

Edited by Guest

The players simply need to buck their ideas up. If our coaching staff could not pinpoint our defensive problems, then I'd be concerned about losing Burton; the players have been told of their mistakes and how to remedy them, and so they must.

Well he wasn't actually with you that long was he? He only left us in February last year when did he leave you?

He left them to join Arsenal.

Dave Jones, from what I've gathered via the internet use Terry Burton as is right hand man, not only tactically but to help take charge of training and the defensive sessions. Similar to him doing a session of defensive work with out lot. Jones losing his right hand man is bound to be a massive loss but I guess it just depends on his replacement.

Dave Jones, from what I've gathered via the internet use Terry Burton as is right hand man, not only tactically but to help take charge of training and the defensive sessions. Similar to him doing a session of defensive work with out lot. Jones losing his right hand man is bound to be a massive loss but I guess it just depends on his replacement.

If rumours are to be true he may becoming back, hopefully to sort out our defensive issues if that's what his main job on the training ground is.

I thought he left Wednesday for Arsenal quite soon after and wasn't there that long. Anyway screw this lets Hijack it :biggrin: what do you know of Lee Congleton? Because .com was down earlier