Chris Lines

Guest markowl123

Why do people on here keep going on about League 1 players can’t do a job in or step up to the Championship it’s pretty clear that isn’t true so why do they persist?

Take a look at the players we have signed so far from this division and the foreigners like Nejc Pecnik and the Premier League cast off that is Jay Bothroyd and tell me why they are better?

I would have sooner have kept Ryan Lowe and Mike Jones and persevered till January and then got shut because sometimes how you apply yourself is everything and isn’t always true that god loves a trier?

He really did tear L1 a new one in those 11 appearances last season..

Although this weekend's meltdown has thrown up some moments of pure gold on here, I didn't think there would be any 'We should never have sold Mike Jones' type posts. Things must be worst than I thought.

lol

Edited by Slick.

He really did tear L1 a new one in those 11 appearances last season..

Although this weekend's meltdown has thrown up some moments of pure gold on here, I didn't think there would be any 'We should never have sold Mike Jones' type posts. Things must be worst than I thought.

lol

Like i said he put in the effort in pre season that neither of these two have and like you say things aint been that sparkling from Pecnik and he’s probably on a heap more cash.

Like i said he put in the effort in pre season that neither of these two have and like you say things aint been that sparkling from Pecnik and he’s probably on a heap more cash.

Hard graft can only get you so far and while MJ didn't do too much wrong last season, I'm not sure he had the quality to step up to the Championhip with us.

I doubt we have seen the best of Pecnik and yesterday was his worse performance so far. It's still too early for fans to be making conclusive judgements about individual players. Especially with so many new players being intergrated into the side right now. Hopefully Pecnick will be given the time he needs to adjust to his league; there will be a reason why he is a full international for his country.

Guest totemowl

League one here we come....

Pathetic init..

We get promotion, we overhaul a relatively weak squad to prepare for Another promotion, improving just about every position...

...and we get all these chavs wanting to play the League 1 players, even the ones who often failed to impress.

It's like flipping X Factor.

Pathetic init..

We get promotion, we overhaul a relatively weak squad to prepare for Another promotion, improving just about every position...

...and we get all these chavs wanting to play the League 1 players, even the ones who often failed to impress.

You pompous tw@t.

Guest Big Guns

Pathetic init..

Yep ..

Anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a "chav".

Seriously?

People are suggesting that they'd like to see if Lines can make the step up (some of us, the ones who know something about football, thought he had a decent season last year) and you label them "chavs"?!?!

Incredible.

Guest Big Guns

Seriously?

People are suggesting that they'd like to see if Lines can make the step up (some of us, the ones who know something about football, thought he had a decent season last year) and you label them "chavs"?!?!

Incredible.

I always thought you was a chav....

Pathetic init..

Yep we get promoted on the back of a fantastic unbeaten run. Instead of adding to what we had like Southampton and Norwich did we rip the team apart and go backwards. The more DJ has changed the squad, the worse the results have been. Only one player of that unbeaten team started on Saturday. Our better results this season were when we had the nucleus of last season's team playing.... coincidence?

It appears to many that DJ has ripped the cohesion and team spirit out of the team. His job is to get the best out of the players under him as well as adding new 'better' ones. So far he is failing on that score. He'll either change or pay the price.

Guest totemowl

Seriously?

Incredible.

No, absolutely not. That was tongue in cheek. I do think there's an X Factor element to some of these comments tho. The talent that's been brought in is being ignored in favour of 'personalities' with more limited abilities.

I said elsewhere Lines did well in League 1 at times but I don't think he's got the quality etc to win us a second promotion.