Chris Lines

Guest markowl123

Guest totemowl

Looked good in League 1. Sometimes.

Can't see him bettering McCabe or Barkley though, so imo he won't get many games when he returns from injury.

In the Championship, I think Lines and McCabe will be our best pairing.

Semedo was the perfect player for League 1, but is struggling to ruffle the feathers of opposition players in this division like he did last season given that players in this league are both stronger and better technical players.

Lines is reasonably physical and likes a battle, but is much more capable of mixing it up. He had a shed load of assists last season because he moves the ball excellently.

And perhaps most importantly, he'll help the back 4 out- he loved coming deep to take the ball off them last season. Taylor, Beevers and Gardner aren't the best footballers and without McCabe they look utterly lost with the ball at their feet. Teams don't press the back four at this level (like they used to much more in League 1), which means there is a greater need to pass the ball better from deep. Lines (like McCabe) will give us that.

The fact that he can actually take a corner is neither here nor there. We're missing him in open play, and will miss him even more when Barkley goes back if Lines sin't fit by then.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

To be fair he does what most technically gifted players do not he grafts and its this quality that benefits the team as a whole from his little bursts forward into attack to his willingness to help out in defence and double up on opponents that gives our team fluidity and stops it looking disjointed, this lets the team move and play better in my opinion.

Lines gives me confidence that midfield won't be chasing shadows and can create a chance or two.

He creates, he scores the odd goal, and like I said earlier, looks calm on the ball and picks the right pass, rarely hoofs it and gives it away. Plus, he's our player and not someone else's.

I'd give him the captaincy too. Sometimes that kind of responsibility improves a player through the additional confidence it gives. I could see him doing a good job and going on to get 10 goals from midfield.

Guest JohnFantham

Lines adds calmness to midfield. Puts his foot on the ball and looks up before passing, plays the right balls. I like him.

Another excellent Megson signing.

This

Guest JohnFantham

In the Championship, I think Lines and McCabe will be our best pairing.

Semedo was the perfect player for League 1, but is struggling to ruffle the feathers of opposition players in this division like he did last season given that players in this league are both stronger and better technical players.

Lines is reasonably physical and likes a battle, but is much more capable of mixing it up. He had a shed load of assists last season because he moves the ball excellently.

And perhaps most importantly, he'll help the back 4 out- he loved coming deep to take the ball off them last season. Taylor, Beevers and Gardner aren't the best footballers and without McCabe they look utterly lost with the ball at their feet. Teams don't press the back four at this level (like they used to much more in League 1), which means there is a greater need to pass the ball better from deep. Lines (like McCabe) will give us that.

The fact that he can actually take a corner is neither here nor there. We're missing him in open play, and will miss him even more when Barkley goes back if Lines sin't fit by then.

Absolutely spot on

Guest markowl123

He's not crap, him and semedo are irreplaceable for me in the middle, work off eachother brilliantly

Edited by markowl123

"Nothing against ya mate" Waynetheowl negged me for pointing out the fact Lines adds calmness to midfield.

He must watch a different game to me, Lines is not crap.

Just my opinion mate, I shouldn't have negged yet but was still et up by the Megson comment.

Lines does have his plus points and probably is missed in the centre but it worries me that he potentially is our best central midfielder !!! Just about all his assists came from set plays not open play. Not saying that is a bad point but just a point. Maybe it would be worth trying Lines & McCabe afterall Semedo has pulled up no trees at all this season.

Just my opinion mate, I shouldn't have negged yet but was still et up by the Megson comment.

Lines does have his plus points and probably is missed in the centre but it worries me that he potentially is our best central midfielder !!! Just about all his assists came from set plays not open play. Not saying that is a bad point but just a point. Maybe it would be worth trying Lines & McCabe afterall Semedo has pulled up no trees at all this season.

No worries mate, I don't fall out with anyone for very long anyhow, I'm forgiving like that. I have negged you back though

lol

Guest tha_knows

To be honest we may aswell look at players like Lines as potential starters because we will require him next season once where back playing league one football again....

Guest NottsOwl12

he's only been slated by half wits, and yes there are many on here. while i have doubts if hes championship standard we need all hands on deck so am looking forward to him getting fit and back into the team

I miss you JOC, can you come back? lol

Why do people on here keep going on about League 1 players can’t do a job in or step up to the Championship it’s pretty clear that isn’t true so why do they persist?

Take a look at the players we have signed so far from this division and the foreigners like Nejc Pecnik and the Premier League cast off that is Jay Bothroyd and tell me why they are better?

I would have sooner have kept Ryan Lowe and Mike Jones and persevered till January and then got shut because sometimes how you apply yourself is everything and isn’t always true that god loves a trier?

I thought Lines improved quite a lot over last season and grew in stature in the team. Barkley will be gone by the time Lines is fit (probably) and Semedo having not found his form yet, it's likely Lines will get a chance alongside McCabe. I hope so, anyway, and I hope Lines can make the step up, because he seems like a fairly decent guy, football aside.

If he can bring some confidence on the ball back into the team, that would be just what we need right now. Not 100% sure he will be able to.. but here's hoping..