System away from home

Guest peter grummitt

Guest peter grummitt

Think 3-5-2 would suit us away from home, i remember the first division days under howard wilkinson when he used the three centre back policy..we leaked very few goals...we could go with something like this

kirkland

Taylor Gardner Llerra

Buxton R Johnson

Semedo

J Johnson Antonio

Rodri

Bothroyd

not saying these should be the individuals but just showing the formation and think it would be very strong.

Edited by peter grummitt

I think once our defence actually gets settled we will be fine.

We have been chopping and changing a lot.

Defences need to work as a team, they need to be organised. Organisation only comes through experience, practice and hard work. They will get there.

We need to stick to a similar formation and style of play home and away. Only change for exceptional circumstances or to exploit an opposition weakness.

I thought about this after the Brighton game. In theory we have full backs that could make this work, especially on the left. You could argue reda, dan jones, and mattock are better going forward than at the back and this system would release them to play more in their preferred half of the pitch.

I think buxton could make an excellent right sided defender in a back three as he's mobile and has decent pace. It could even be good for beevers to play on the left of a back three.

Unfortunately I don't think now is the right time to chop and change systems at the back. Few of the players would have played like this and if we were going to do it we should have been working on it pre season.