Appraisal of yesterday

Guest parsimmon

Guest parsimmon

Thought yesterday's game was a joy-impressed with Millwall.They will be a team who will upset a lot of the more fashionable sides this year-well coached with a system in which they all believe in.

This Wednesday team is potentially the best team I have seen in 20 years.I love how even when under severe pressure they try to do the right things and adopt a patient approach until little pockets appear.Momentum is a huge thing in football and our policy of trying to win games rather then adopting the conventional approach of settling for draws will bewilder teams this year-this is certainly the case with Millwall yesterday who ended up simply crumbling under a relentless barrage of pressure.

I'll avoid doing player by player critiques-however I thought Antonio was immense in the second half.His drive and desire was pivotal in helping us get the win.No individual played badly but we do look vulnerable when teams run at us and I can see many repetitions of Millwall's second goal until something is done to address it.I would say we are a top class centre half away from having a right crack at it this season.

UTO

Guest chuckie4570

Thought yesterday's game was a joy-impressed with Millwall.They will be a team who will upset a lot of the more fashionable sides this year-well coached with a system in which they all believe in.

This Wednesday team is potentially the best team I have seen in 20 years.I love how even when under severe pressure they try to do the right things and adopt a patient approach until little pockets appear.Momentum is a huge thing in football and our policy of trying to win games rather then adopting the conventional approach of settling for draws will bewilder teams this year-this is certainly the case with Millwall yesterday who ended up simply crumbling under a relentless barrage of pressure.

I'll avoid doing player by player critiques-however I thought Antonio was immense in the second half.His drive and desire was pivotal in helping us get the win.No individual played badly but we do look vulnerable when teams run at us and I can see many repetitions of Millwall's second goal until something is done to address it.I would say we are a top class centre half away from having a right crack at it this season.

UTO

Good post

Jones spunked a load of money on Gardner. He's the centre half earmarked for the job. This talk of 4 new players is odd considering he will have to drop players he's only just bought in order to accommodate them. The squad is big enough in my opinion, considering players such as McGuire, Mattock, Lee and Mayor can't get anywhere near a starting spot.

Jones spunked a load of money on Gardner. He's the centre half earmarked for the job. This talk of 4 new players is odd considering he will have to drop players he's only just bought in order to accommodate them. The squad is big enough in my opinion, considering players such as McGuire, Mattock, Lee and Mayor can't get anywhere near a starting spot.

Gardner - injured

Lee - just come back from injury

Maguire - got to earn the shirt

Mayor - not fit yet

Mattock - got to earn the shirt

DJ says in nearly every interview players have to earn the shirt, they aren't going to walk into the team because of their reputation or what they've achieved. If he wants more competition for places and we aren't going to break the bank (which we wont) then it can only improve us.

Gardner - injured

Lee - just come back from injury

Maguire - got to earn the shirt

Mayor - not fit yet

Mattock - got to earn the shirt

DJ says in nearly every interview players have to earn the shirt, they aren't going to walk into the team because of their reputation or what they've achieved. If he wants more competition for places and we aren't going to break the bank (which we wont) then it can only improve us.

Rodri.