Lack of media reports

Guest Dutch Oven

Guest Dutch Oven

On the way down to that London for a couple of days. Thought I'd get a paper to read on the train. Being an educated leftie I bought The Guardian- no mention of Wednesday! Thought, ok, I'll grab a free Metro, no opinions but bound to have a write up of the match - No, not a mention.

Travelling first class I get offered a free paper, The Times- guess what...

Not a single mention in any!

Thoughts( I won't buy The Sun, Mail, Express because they are right wing rags)

Edited by Dutch Oven

Last time we were genuine challengers in the country, late 80's, early 90's, we never got any media coverage. How many of today's top journalists could tell you who finished 3rd in 91-92?

What makes you think this time will be any different?

We could be top at Christmas and Leeds might creep into the top 10, you see where the cameras go.

Last time we were genuine challengers in the country, late 80's, early 90's, we never got any media coverage. How many of today's top journalists could tell you who finished 3rd in 91-92?

We could be top at Christmas and Leeds might creep into the top 10, you see where the cameras go.

thats always been the case, Wednesday get a lucky 5-0 win at Man City and L**ds hold out for a battling heroic 0-0 draw at home to Torquay, Yorkshire t.v have always been biased, and we arent fashionable enough for the other forms of media, so whats new

I would hazard a guess that I have been around a lot longer than you and believe me it has always been the same. When we do get a mention it is usually "Sheffield", not Wednesday, Utd. or F.C. Even last night on the way home I had BBC west Midlands on and they kept referring to Sheffield.

I work in Hereford and I am continaully asked how Sheffield got on at the weekend.........we have to realise that we are not as MASSIVE to most of the country as we think we are!

Back in the sixties we even had a problem with the Green 'Un. It continually put the other lot above us in the table when goal average was relevant and even on occasion when we had more points than they.

It's not merely a northern "chip on the shoulder", it just has always been the case. Sheffield is just not a fashionable place, whatever that means!

Edited by lesbarbeux