Chris Lines

Guest Sheff Owl

Surely he should do that every game though?

May I also say - Lines does NOT get stuck in. Most definitely not. He backs out of challenges. Semedo is a player that gets stuck in.

Although I agree, you can't argue with his assists from last year!

Everytime I've seen Lines play, which admittedly isn't that many, he's always been willing to put a foot in.......disagree that he's nesh.

Playing next to Semedo will always make you appear neshish mind.

Disagree.

One of our problems, of many, was the fact that our central midfield was completely non-existent.

It is no coincidence that our performance picked up when Jones made changes, bringing Coke into central midfield, shoving Pecnic up top and having O'Grady come on.

Before that Semedo was running around like a headless chicken, trying to do the job of two men.

Totally agree! Pecnik just isn't a CM. It was obvious before the game, and last night showed what happens when you play someone there who doesn't know how to. That wasn't Pecniks fault though. Hopefully DJ has learned from his mistake

Surely he should do that every game though?

May I also say - Lines does NOT get stuck in. Most definitely not. He backs out of challenges. Semedo is a player that gets stuck in.

Although I agree, you can't argue with his assists from last year!

Sorry but that is utter bull. Semedo is the harder challenger of the 2, but Lines definitely will get stuck in if needed.

None of us really know if Coke would be a better option, and can only go on what we've seen so far. Lines 14 assists can't be ignored.

Coke has already said he wants to fight for his place at us, and I am perfectly happy for him to do that, but now is his chance to show us that he can be bothered to show up every game and play to the standard he can do in a handful of games he's decided to do so. IF he doesn't then it's his own fault and will have ran out of chances with me TBH. Perfect opportunity for him now...but will he take it....

bloody hell..

• Lines does put a challenge in whenever iv seen him, think its unfair to question that about him.
  • The way the whole team started off, it wouldnt have made any odds if Lines was playing
  • That said, i thought we did miss his style of play
  • I agree that id like to see Lines push forward and dictate the game a bit more
  • I think he will do that with Antonio/Pecnik/JJ on the flanks for him to aim at
  • Coke hasnt done anything in a long time to justify being ahead of Lines, or Prutton for that matter. We havent seen McCabe and Amodo (sp) so cant comment, but if he gets a chance to have a run in the team he has to grab it.
  • the infighting on here is getting a little tiring

Guest JonTheOwl66

Okay, I'm going to put MY view of him across, I don't give a rumble if anybody disagrees.

Lines is an athletic player who's scared of a tackle against a bigger opponent. He's got a decent right foot on him and puts some crosses in that have obviously resulted in him being top assists player at the club last year, fair play.

It's a similar situation to Ryan Lowe. He did a decent job for us last year, but arguably with the players were looking to bring in, I'd imagine Lines will be finding it hard to get in the first 11.

He's a decent player. No more and no less. He doesn't deserve half the credit some of you guys give him. In my eyes, many of you are forgetting many similar first half performances last year with Lines IN the team.

Thanks for the service Chris, but we need to move upwards and onwards from here.

Thanks for the service Chris, but we need to move upwards and onwards from here.

I think we do, and I'm a big Lines fan.

Personally I hope McCabe comes in and does the attacking midfielder role like a champion because I think we do need a little bit better in that " next to semedo" role, but if that was the case, lets be honest, Lines and Coke as back up isn't exactly bad.

Okay, I'm going to put MY view of him across, I don't give a rumble if anybody disagrees.

Lines is an athletic player who's scared of a tackle against a bigger opponent. He's got a decent right foot on him and puts some crosses in that have obviously resulted in him being top assists player at the club last year, fair play.

It's a similar situation to Ryan Lowe. He did a decent job for us last year, but arguably with the players were looking to bring in, I'd imagine Lines will be finding it hard to get in the first 11.

He's a decent player. No more and no less. He doesn't deserve half the credit some of you guys give him. In my eyes, many of you are forgetting many similar first half performances last year with Lines IN the team.

Lines was a key part of the side that took us up. His assists total wasnt by chance either.

Lowe was, IMO, underutilised and a bit unlucky not to get a shot at the championship. His clever style of running would have unlocked defences, in a similar way that Kevin Phillips has been doing for the last few years.

If we sign better players, then im sure Lines will be pushed out. As it stands, we let Lowe go without a replacement and he probably would have been useful last night. and we need another centre midfielder, as without Lines we are looking a little bare.