Chris Lines

Guest Sheff Owl

I think we did miss Lines a bit last night, side looks settled with him in it because he and Semedo have played together for 40 odd games and done well., and in all honesty Coke did nothing that Lines hasn't been doing for the last 8 months.

As for this bizarre argument, quite a lot of people dont rate Lines, slate him every time he plays, I completely disagree but that's their opinion.

Lines will now be out of the side for a while, and for arguments sake, lets say Coke plays instead, no matter how he plays, there'll probably be somebody on here who tears lumps off him every week, it wont be Big Guns this time, but somebody will do it, disagree and offer an alternative opinion of course, but I dont really understand why some people get so upset about somebody else's irrelevant opinion.

Guest Big Guns

Yeah and your the resident idiot.

Waste of flipping space.

Your the resident Mr angry its not my fault you started a stupid post .

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Come off it that was just a one off that first half performance ,lines would have made no difference every player was awful...

Lines wouldn't have been if he'd have been playing, he'd have been the shining light. :ph34r:

Come off it that was just a one off that first half performance ,lines would have made no difference every player was awful...

Disagree.

One of our problems, of many, was the fact that our central midfield was completely non-existent.

It is no coincidence that our performance picked up when Jones made changes, bringing Coke into central midfield, shoving Pecnic up top and having O'Grady come on.

Before that Semedo was running around like a headless chicken, trying to do the job of two men.

Edited by SiJ

Guest JonTheOwl66

'sad bugger'?

Yeah i'm the one that posts all the crap about who we are signing pretending to be in the know just to try and look cool.

When really you know flip all.

Another point the same people have a go at Lines when he has had a good games...it became personal.

flipping fools.

:laugh:

Calm down mate.

^ this

Also I'm interested to know what constitutes a good game for Mr Lines.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

You need to appreciate the difference between cause and correlation.

The church clock chimes on the hour doesn't cause the 10:01 train to run.

Yes but is the cat in the box dead or not?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Eh?

What constitutes a good game for Semedo? Or Coke? Or Potter?

The general consensus seems to agree when Semedo has a good game.

When some people claim Lines played well, others claim he was average. Like I said, you don't see that with Semedo (just as an example).

So what would you Lines lovers say constitutes a good game for Lines?

Guest Sheff Owl

Why reply then?

And you call me stupid :laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear.

When he sprays the ball around, keeps us ticking over and acts as a good balance to Semedo's take-no-prisoners approach.

I think he also, unlike Potter for example, doesn't mind getting stuck in and tackling

His delivery is also much better than many are willing to give him credit for, though his shooting from freekicks is a bit naff.

Guest JonTheOwl66

When he sprays the ball around, keeps us ticking over and acts as a good balance to Semedo's take-no-prisoners approach.

I think he also, unlike Potter for example, doesn't mind getting stuck in and tackling

His delivery is also much better than many are willing to give him credit for, though his shooting from freekicks is a bit naff.

Surely he should do that every game though?

May I also say - Lines does NOT get stuck in. Most definitely not. He backs out of challenges. Semedo is a player that gets stuck in.

Although I agree, you can't argue with his assists from last year!

Lines has improved considerably under DJ, but I dont think he would have made much difference last night....he might have helped keep our shape a bit more and maybe helped out Semedo, who was like a headless chicken chasing everything that moved due to Pecnik going awol.

But Oldham were rampant, mainly due to us making lazy passes and not closing down fast enough.....we were poor full stop, doubt Lines alone could have altered that.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

"No need to simplify, you talk in the manor of an 18th century school teacher, the year is 2012, for this reason and this reason alone I am labelling you an oddball"

Is that your manor or my manor? Major fail, at least he "talks" in Englsh...

May I also say - Lines does NOT get stuck in. Most definitely not. He backs out of challenges. Semedo is a player that gets stuck in.

Yea he dose

He does, in fairness all of our midfielders seem to when they need to, I dont think Jones would accept anything less.

Lines puts a foot in when he has to, Coke did similar last night, Semedo is Semedo and Prutton isn't exactly scared of a good lunge either.

Edited by leea8331

Guest Sheff Owl

People keep saying about how Dave Jones knows his onions, knows this league inside out and know what is needed and people fully back him in all that.

If he thought Lines was no good he would have shifted him out, yet no doubt if fit he would have started last night and on Saturday and so on.

People were writing Coke off and don't get me wrong but he came on last night and did a job and might have forced his way back into the picture who knows.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

The general consensus seems to agree when Semedo has a good game.

When some people claim Lines played well, others claim he was average. Like I said, you don't see that with Semedo (just as an example).

There is no point, it will be easier to just take your view on everything as this seems to be concrete.

On that note Jon, who are we signing next?

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump