Chris Kirkland

As someone who's been away, then caught up in Olympic fever, haven't had much of a chance to check for SWFC news lately. Hadn't heard anymore about Kirkland's situation since the news came out about him many weeks back, that he was being given time off to sort out some off-field problems.

Do we know the latest on what happened regarding him, and is he available for tonight? See he's been given the no1 shirt so I'm optimistic he is, was really looking forward to seeing a keeper of his quality in goal for us. Still have to pinch myself that we're signing players of his quality now.

Heard the rumours going round at the time, really hope the fact that he appears to be staying means that they weren't true.

He played against West Brom at home in the friendly. Said he had to sort out some personal issues and thanked MM, DJ. and the fans for their patience. So don't worry, he is still here and hopefully will be playing tonight.

Great news, sounds like he's fully committed to us and im relieved that the problem wasn't what was rumoured at the time.

Glad to hear he's looked quality in the friendlies so far, really think he could turn out to be one of our best signings of this off-season. Definately a gamble worth taking when you consider he was free and the ability that he has.

With Kirkland, Bywater, and Weaver we look really strong between the sticks now. UTO

Edited by swfc-dan

He looked excellent apart from when he stood and watched that one whistle past him against wba. But I'll put that down to pre-season.

Tbf Bywater did that a few times last season too. Maybe the better keepers don't try when they know the shots unstoppable lol

Weaver is off to Doncaster by the sounds of it.

Blimey I am out of the loop lol . Wouldn't begrudge him going there, he needs first team football at his stage of his career and we won't be able to offer him that anymore. Means he can live local too, so would be a good move for him.

Looking like being a case of count the dead popes for you Dan.

Wish I was as out of the loop as you though, might have made waiting for the season to start a bit easier.

Nah mate im only asking around for news, not announcing whats already happened lol

I tend to switch off a bit from SWFC during the summer, all the rumours going round can drive you a bit crazy at times.

Really looking forward to the season now though, hopefully we can get this striker in soon too.

Nah mate im only asking around for news, not announcing whats already happened lol

I tend to switch off a bit from SWFC during the summer, all the rumours going round can drive you a bit crazy at times.

Really looking forward to the season now though, hopefully we can get this striker in soon too.

Dam right,

Couldnt stop looking for tranfer news all summer long, been dying for the new season to start.

Might have to go on a longer holiday next summer I reckon.

Mr Positive strikes again.

Oh ffs the positive thinking brigade strikes again.

It was a simple observation.

Can't wait for the likes of you and davyboy to get started on everyone when the season is under way. That's gonna be right flippingfun that is.

Not.