Am I right in thinking...

You have to be registered with the FA - don't think that'll be a problem.

If he hasn't signed he could appear as a trialist - but I wouldn't bet on it, Reading won't want him injured before papers are signed.

Edited by KivoOwl

You have to be registered with the FA - don't think that'll be a problem.

If he hasn't signed he could appear as a trialist - but I wouldn't bet on it, Reading won't want him injured before papers are signed.

Surely it's against football league rules to play as a trialist for another club whilst under contract with another anyway?

Surely it's against football league rules to play as a trialist for another club whilst under contract with another anyway?

It happens quite often. Needs to have the parent club's permission though I think.

Can only play noncompetative games i.e. friendlies and reserve games.

Guest StamfordOwl

Antonio has no chance in signing in time for any sort of involvement tomorrow? can't be logistically possible can it?

For all we know the paper work could have been sent to the football league yesterday by 6pm (all subject to the medical results) which would mean he's available for selection today. However as he hasn't trained with us i dont think it would be fair on our players for some newbie just to jump straight into action. So at most expect him on the bench.

UTO

:milan: