Wild fires rage in the Algarve

I know it's in the wrong section but just seen this on the news and it looked dreadful, It just said they were in the Algarve but no place names, Hey maybe Ash joined the Ultras and lit a flare?

Anyway stay safe lads and lasses.

Guest Teetowl

We flew through all the smoke as we were landing on Friday. Was pretty bad but looked to be well away from civilisation.

Fire can't go across the sea.

Think you'll find it can if the island isn't too far away. Burning hot embers can be whipped up into the air and blown across onto the mainland if the winds are strong enough, and if the land is dry enough, that's all it needs to start it off. I knew GCSE geography would come in handy some day. lol

Think you'll find it can if the island isn't too far away. Burning hot embers can be whipped up into the air and blown across onto the mainland if the winds are strong enough, and if the land is dry enough, that's all it needs to start it off. I knew GCSE geography would come in handy some day. lol

rumble_you.jpg

Guest Go For It Owl

Damn it

Just bought a pack of flares from the local supermarket

Maybe will give this one a miss

Where is everyone?

just landed in South America with me new shirt and flag to be greeted by some foreign fella talking jiberish,

Tells me ive got the wrong place apparantly.

Damn you owlstalkers i knew i shouldn't have gone by that owlstalk thread the other day.

:sad: