How about Tony McMahon?

Decent signing for them.

Not good enough for us IMO, injury prone and not as good as Buxton.

Played the same number of games in 8 years for Boro, as Lee did in half that time for Oldham. We definitely went for the more reliable option. Don't think we could have afforded to sign another player with record of a crock.

pigs have got to be paying him a decent wedge.

reyt hope they blow it this season, cos they'll be well and truly in the poo then

Guest Foxhill Owl

My point is surely no championship team wanted him, because I can't see united offering a better wage then most championship teams.

I think both our full back positions couldn't get any better without spending decent amounts of cash.

Guest Foxhill Owl

pigs have got to be paying him a decent wedge.

reyt hope they blow it this season, cos they'll be well and truly in the poo then

Tbh I'm not fussed what they do.

We as a club are getting stronger and stronger under Milan . Not just on the pitch but of it to .

Things such as the Development squad , its just an amazing propect!! I think the good times are coming bk ( well if your my age the good times are coming ) lol

This has annoyed me.

We took so much stick of them for 'not paying our debts' - and yet they're £50m+ in debt themselves.

Every penny they spend is a penny they could be paying back their debts.

They also have to put up with the Financial fair play rule that has come in.

So how have they been allowed to buy ANY players, let alone those with a decent pedigree?

Guest Foxhill Owl

not going to lie mcmahon and miller are on par if not better than any signings we have made, very underwhelmed

Better lol

FreshOwl, that is an exaggeration

Deffo ^^

Guest wilyfox

This has annoyed me.

We took so much stick of them for 'not paying our debts' - and yet they're £50m+ in debt themselves.

Every penny they spend is a penny they could be paying back their debts.

They also have to put up with the Financial fair play rule that has come in.

So how have they been allowed to buy ANY players, let alone those with a decent pedigree?

we carried a £25-30m debt ourselves for years and weren't denied the chance to sign players. besides, McMahon is a freebie and Miller only cost 60k

not going to lie mcmahon and miller are on par if not better than any signings we have made, very underwhelmed

We have two better right backs at our disposal.

I would honestly take Buxton and Kieran Lee at right back, and that is not withstanding how good McMahon was for us back then, but a lot of water has gone under the bridge and he is playing 3rd tier football next season for a reason. Much like Simek.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Excellent signing for a League 1 team - I would say good luck but those little fvcks deserve to rot.

Excellent signing for a League 1 team - I would say good luck but those little fvcks deserve to rot.

Is it though? They seem to be collecting potential crocks at an alarming rate. Could be missing key players at key times again next season, especially with Mr Failed medical at Hillsborough 3 times McDonald re-signing.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Is it though? They seem to be collecting potential crocks at an alarming rate. Could be missing key players at key times again next season, especially with Mr Failed medical at Hillsborough 3 times McDonald re-signing.

You may well be proven right - and these crocks live up to their billing. However, if they do stay fit then United are slowly building a half decent team (for a team with no money).

Guest foreverSWFC

So are we really.

Kirkland and Gardner.

Guest JonTheOwl66

So are we really.

Kirkland and Gardner.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Kirkland hasn't been injured for years now, and that he just didn't get played at Wigan.

Gardner's definitely a crock though.

Miller's had one good season in L2. McMahon was considered disposable by Middlesborough and a 30 year old Stuart Parnaby was considered a better prospect by them.

I think it says a lot about the point United are at, when the fans that I know, are ecstatic at possibly signing Miller and McMahon and borrowing a few promising youngsters.

We've signed three players with full international honours, one whose played a respectable amount for England u21s and an ex-Man Utd youth who looks like he might be the signing of the lot.

Different calibre of player. We're operating in different leagues and on different levels. I think there's some remnants of the past decade's psyche on show here.

They've lost over half of their goal output from last season in Lowton, Williamson and Evans. Has that been anywhere near adequately replaced?

Edited by Juror8