How about Tony McMahon?

Guest York-owl-chris

Why turn a contract down with boro, to go and sign for utd ? That's a bit odd

This. Bemused

Did a job when on loan but wouldn't want him back now, we're ok at right back position.

As for the link with the pigs, I'd be very surprised to see him go there. Not seen him play for a couple of seasons but surely he's better than that level, also what with the massive losses season upon season they're making financially, you'd have thought a club higher up the football league ladder could afford to offer him a better deal than them.

Just like Gardner and Kirkland for us, great signing for them, IF he stays fit. Injury record is pretty much just as bad.

Surprised they've given two of their biggest contracts to players who are very unlikely to play full seasons or even close to full seasons (McMahon and McDonald).

Think Blunts, Cherries, County, Swindon, MK, Coventry all look about as strong as each other at the moment. Won't be any runaways in that division next year IMO.

I would put them ahead of all those clubs, especially if they keep McDonald and Quinn

I'd rather have Jeff Hughes and Alan Judge.

Bournemouth were lacking strikers last season. They no longer are. And they've got a very nice balance for that level. The manager's the unknown there. Also, O'Kane's highly-rated and Addison has the potential to be a rock.

Haven't they cleared out about 11 players, most of whom were never gonna get a look in

I understand that, but I thought that they really needed to get the likes of Quinn out before they could spend.

You have to say they appear to be making some pretty good signings Look to have a stronger all round squad than last year now they've cleaned out the deadwood

Not just saying this because it's Blunts but McMahon is first signing I'm remotely impressed by. Westlake and Miller both couldn't get into the first teams at Walsall and Crewe last season, and they're both very lightweight. Could blossom at BTDBL but by no means certain. Cofie is another unknown quantity, and as we've seen with loan players from up above, can go either way.

Well without turning this into some sort of blades love in, I do think they are making some very interesting signings. Ditched the crap, now picking up some good players for this level Fancy them for a good season, and they won't have us to deal with this time around