Jon Otsemobor

Guest We Shall Overcome

Talk about Jobs for the boys , always injured, thats why Robinson is talking him up lots of pace but carn't play .

Guest MASSIVE1867

Was unlucky at the fortress, he is a really quick right back unlucky with injuries and was unlucky that buxton played in the same role . Good Luck Jonn !

Dons have completed their first signing of the summer with the capture of right-back Jon Otsemobor.

The former Liverpool youngster was a free agent after leaving Sheffield Wednesday.

He has penned a one-year deal and manager Karl Robinson believes that he may have snapped up the best right-back in League One.

Twenty-nine-year-old Otsemobor was injured for much of last season but still played a part as Wednesday secured promotion to the Championship.

Robinson said: "Jon’s a guy I tried to sign last summer as part of the (Darren) Potter deal from Sheffield Wednesday, but that never materialised.

"I’ve known him since he was a kid so I’ve worked with him before. He was out for most of last season with an injury but I believe, if we can keep him fit, that we’ve got the best right-back in the league."

Otsemobor was put through a stringent medical before the paperwork was completed.

He said: "I’ve known Karl for a while so I’m delighted to link up with him and the team.

“One of the main reasons why I’ve come here is the style of football, which suits me down to the ground. I can’t wait to get going.”

Right-back was a problem position for Dons last season, with injuries to Mathias Doumbe and the recalls of loan duo Adam Smith and James Tavernier meaning that nobody was able to make the position their own.

At Liverpool Otsemobor made six appearances, with his debut coming in a 3-1 League Cup win over Southampton.

He spent spells on loan at Hull City, Bolton Wanderers and Crewe Alexandra, before signing permanently with Rotherham United in July 2005.

Soon after, the defender re-joined Crewe where he went on to make more than 40 appearances.

In 2007, the Liverpudlian full-back made the switch to Carrow Road, featuring more than 100 times for Norwich City, before enjoying a spell with Southampton.

His most recent venture was at Hillsborough where he spent two years in the Owls colours, making 37 appearances.

For other teams, Semis game was all about going forward with the ball on the overlap. At Norwich he was almost like a second winger but he couldn't defend that well.

Under Irvine, he seemed to stay in a rigid rb position without bombing on, as no one had freedom, but it suited him and other than Hudds away I thought he looked good for that level and physically strong. He also impressed under Megson in the last few games when he bombed on and made a good assist for Mellor.

However, last season, perhaps because of a lack of fitness or confidence he didn't get forward much and seemed to just run along side players with his arms by his sides without making a tackle and being in a poor position. He also seemed ungainly as if he had overdone it on the upperbody work and looked off balance. I had a mate who was a fantastic winger, really tricky, but he hit the gym too hard, his arms and chest got huge and he became pretty average at football.

Guest CowshedLad

You lot don't rate him? He must be storming then ;-)

In all seriousness, He seems like he'll fit in well. We don't play with a lot of width, so bombing down the wing putting crosses in won't be his main job.

But after having Adam Smith on loan last year, it will be impossible to have a right-back better than him.

Guest foreverSWFC

Jon Otsemonbor is a solid full back IMO. Deceptively quick and atheletic, allso rather strong in the tackle. Could do a job for most League One sides, but i do have to question the ambitions of MK Dons if they expect him to be the best full back in the league, he was nowhere near as good as Lewis Buxton.

He is also very injury prone, everywhere he has been hew has suffered from injuries, Southampton and Norwich both got rid of him fairly quickly, perhaps if he could keep his fitness lvels up he would be a very good right back, but MK Dons will be lucky to get half a season out of him. Very frustrating aswell, it is quite obvious he is a fast player who may have the ability to go down the line with the ball, but he seems to be scared of going past the half way line, he rearely shows the belief the push on. And when he is in an attacking position he doesn't have a clue what to do with the ball, Southampton fans said exactly the same to us when we first signed him. Average full back who will perform fairly consistently but nothing special and will definitely be injured for part of the season.

He was flipping w@nk.

Constantly injured, terrible going forward and couldn't cross a ball to save his life.

Good luck Jon but MK Dons and their tw@t of a manager are kidding themselves if they think they have 'the best right back in the league'.

Guest TonyOwl88

If he can stay fit, MK have made an excelent signing there.

I always rated his quality, but he never had much chance to show it, what with injuries and all.

Good luck Semi.

If he can stay fit, MK have made an excelent signing there.

I always rated his quality, but he never had much chance to show it, what with injuries and all.

Good luck Semi.

26 appearances- ample time to judge how crap he was.

He was flipping w@nk.

Constantly injured, terrible going forward and couldn't cross a ball to save his life.

Good luck Jon but MK Dons and their tw@t of a manager are kidding themselves if they think they have 'the best right back in the league'.

orate calm down lol

Guest keyser soze

Obviously his injury record is a concern, but with Buxton, Solly and Hunt getting promoted and Lowton going to Villa. I'm struggling to think of a L1 full back better than a fit Semi.

Guest gcwexford

I sponsored his home shirt a couple of seasons ago. Picked a game with the club to meet him and have photo taken pre match, which is what happens - waited around next to the dug out for an hour - he didn't bother to show up! Was injured at the time but was meant to be at game. Tw@t.

I sponsored his home shirt a couple of seasons ago. Picked a game with the club to meet him and have photo taken pre match, which is what happens - waited around next to the dug out for an hour - he didn't bother to show up! Was injured at the time but was meant to be at game. Tw@t.

oh my lol