'We Love Sheffield Wednesday' *HAVE A LISTEN*

We all want a anthem to sing when the team comes out onto the pitch

all beit a good or poo poo team at the time..

a song we can slowly sing and hold our scarfs in the air to!

and we need one soon!

EcclesallOwl on the other thread related to the Anthem/song

(http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/175211-new-song-anthem-needs-words/)

posted a link to a song that was extremely catchy and could be sung very well as fans prior to kick off.

The song was pretty long (repeating chorus etc..)

So I shortened it to how he suggested:

Lyrics:

Can you hear us on, your radio

Can you hear us, on your tv

Can you hear us down, in London Town

Down to Wembley

Can you hear us, at Old Trafford

At Anfield

And White Hart Lane

Can you hear the howls

For the Owls

Wherever Wednesday play!

Video:

The big question

DO YOU LIKE IT?

SHOULD IT CATCH ON?

WILL IT CATCH ON?

HOW CAN WE MAKE IT CATCH ON?

Edited by Ash_SWFC

That's flippingbrilliant. i can here that as the players come out and as the fans leave after a 3-0 win against the dirty Leeds scum ..

INIT

I can see me in the KOP singing it swaying my scarf about as the sky cameras turn to the kop!

CAN YOU HEAR US ON YOUR TV - *AT HOME rogerING HELL YEA*

EDIT:

could a mod please add this to the lyrics I forgot it:

'

Because we love Sheffield Wednesday

And we'll follow them wherever they play

You'll hear shouts and howls, for the owls, FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY! '

Edited by Ash_SWFC

ASH, why have you felt the need to start a new thread on this when there already is a discussion on this topic that you have been contributing to?

I will repeat what I said on the other thread, this song is quite old now and has never really taken off as an anthem.

The Working man idea is fresh and in my opinion a much better idea. This is about more than just a song to come out to. This is about a spontaneous Wednesday anthem that defines us and who we are.

ASH, why have you felt the need to start a new thread on this when there already is a discussion on this topic that you have been contributing to?

I will repeat what I said on the other thread, this song is quite old now and has never really taken off as an anthem.

The Working man idea is fresh and in my opinion a much better idea. This is about more than just a song to come out to. This is about a spontaneous Wednesday anthem that defines us and who we are.

First off, I edited the video and re-uploaded it, it would off hardly been seen on the other thread.

It's probably never taken off as it hasn't been heard much (I hadn't heard it before tonight)

As for The Working Man idea, songs of such have been put across before with people attempting to fit lyrics to them..

It has never succeeded, I want it to.. but I just can't see it happening.

But I like Hi Ho Silver Lining??

I like it.. but I think a club at our size should have a song or as people having been saying an anthem..

Something we sing with pride and that we can relate to!

Something original, see the other thread and asteeners post like that!!

Wolves use Hi Ho Silver Lining as well lol

That will never catch on.

You cant make the words up to a song 4 - 5 verses long and expect 30k peopel to just pick it up and sing it !

Never gunna' happen as much as id like it to mate !

This song is TOO SLOW for an anthem

Half way through the first verse the crowd would have started clapping and singing a different (faster) song

Plus - why do the Owls get 'HOWLS' ??

Just saying... no offence intended

it's ok I'm not going to take offence I didn't create the song pal..

and the 'HOWLS' is the a reference to shouting and in the song it is said just before Owls, which can seem confusing

it's ok I'm not going to take offence I didn't create the song pal..

and the 'HOWLS' is the a reference to shouting and in the song it is said just before Owls, which can seem confusing

People never 'howl' at matches - it's a total flipping nonsense to suggest they do - and very lazy songwriting

You can't just rhyme 'howls' with 'owls' ffs...

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Theres a reason why we don't sing these slow songs.... most are flipping poo pooe. Lets not be summat we aren't.

We want a new anthem, fine, make it a joyful one, cos that's Wednesday's personality (if football clubs had them).

in other words, we aren't scoucers.

Lets sing happy joyful poo poo.

"If you doooooooooont flipping bounce....................."