'We Love Sheffield Wednesday' *HAVE A LISTEN*

***prepares for anti Irish BS and thread being locked before tea***

and this is the exact reason we shouldn't sing it. Anything that is (rightly or wrongly) remotely or even teniously related to sectarionism should be avoided like the plague. SWFC welcomes all irrespective of creed, colour, race or religion - apart from the People's Front of Judea ........................................................................................................... no that's us - I mean the Judean People's Front.

That song used to be played before kick off back in the early 1970's. I distinctly remember it ringing out from the tannoy when I used to walk along Parkside Road towards the Leppings Lane end and as 1971/72 was the only season I ever stood on that terrace then it must have been then.

I'm sure it went on for a bit longer than that as well; there was a sort of "bridge" bit leading into an instrumental verse. It did actually sound quite good echoing out but I'm not sure it would fit today's mood as an anthem. No reason why, though, if it was re-done properly why it couldn't be a part!

That will never catch on.

You cant make the words up to a song 4 - 5 verses long and expect 30k peopel to just pick it up and sing it !

Never gunna' happen as much as id like it to mate !

England fans always sing God Save our Queen but only one verse. That has caught on with about 90,000 at Wembley.

Much prefer this over that working man one as I don't relate to it at all. But this seems like a song that would be better when we're actually in the premiership otherwise we'll just get the wee wee ripped out of us. But then again, I like how things are now. These slow songs are a bit boring, and wouldn't really mean much seeing as they aren't a part of our history, I prefer our current set up.

Edited by Dore Owl

Much prefer this over that working man one as I don't relate to it at all. But this seems like a song that would be better when we're actually in the premiership otherwise we'll just get the wee wee ripped out of us. But then again, I like how things are now. These slow songs are a bit boring, and wouldn't really mean much seeing as they aren't a part of our history, I prefer our current set up.

Good job whoever thought up the Semedo song and the bounce song didnt share your opinion. New/newish songs without "history" but sound fantastic. If it was left to people like you we would never have any new songs at all. As for the slower more anthemic hymnn like songs, that is just what we are missing.

Edited by apswfcowl

Good job whoever thought up the Semedo song and the bounce song didnt share your opinion. New/newish songs without "history" but sound fantastic. If it was left to people like you we would never have any new songs at all. As for the slower more anthemic hymnn like songs, that is just what we are missing.

They're chants though aren't they, they're two completely different things. They aren't the same as a song that we'd sing before the start of every match as an anthem like Liverpool with you'll never walk alone which is what people are after.

Edited by Dore Owl

They're chants though aren't they, they're two completely different things. They aren't the same as a song that we'd sing before the start of every match as an anthem like Liverpool with you'll never walk alone which is what people are after.

You are right - they are chants and what people including me want is an anthem. Its a Wednesday Fan I am or something else I dont mind but it has to be one that we can sing without the tannoy playing it first, that nobody else does and is more than just another chant like those mentioned.