Mark Reynolds

Part of an article taken from Wishaw Press website...

The defender– who weds fiancée Laura this weekend – will head back down south for pre-season training with newly-promoted Championship side Sheffield Wednesday later this month, keen to make an impression on the former Cardiff City boss Dave Jones who replaced gary megson in the Hillsborough hot-seat in March.

However, he has refused to rule out a return to Fir Park in years to come.

He said: “You never know where your future lies, you just need to take it a year at a time. I’ll go back down south and see what happens and see where my career goes from there.

“I want to just try and force myself into the team. Obviously we’ve been promoted to the Championship and there’s a new manager come in, but I’ll go down for pre-season and take it from there.

“The whole reason I signed for Sheffield Wednesday was because of the size of the club and because they were always going to be in the Championship sooner rather than later. If you look at Sheffield Wednesday; they were a MASSIVE club in League One and will still be a MASSIVE club in the Championship, holding their own even with the teams that have just been relegated from the Premiership in terms of fanbase. It’s a great club to go and make your name at.”

Nice to see he recognises the fact we are MASSIVE!

http://www.wishawpress.co.uk/wishaw-sport/football/motherwell-fc/2012/06/06/former-motherwell-ace-mark-reynolds-champions-league-envy-76495-31118820/

Guest wilyfox

Part of an article taken from Wishaw Press website...

The defender– who weds fiancée Laura this weekend – will head back down south for pre-season training with newly-promoted Championship side Sheffield Wednesday later this month, keen to make an impression on the former Cardiff City boss Dave Jones who replaced gary megson in the Hillsborough hot-seat in March.

However, he has refused to rule out a return to Fir Park in years to come.

He said: “You never know where your future lies, you just need to take it a year at a time. I’ll go back down south and see what happens and see where my career goes from there.

“I want to just try and force myself into the team. Obviously we’ve been promoted to the Championship and there’s a new manager come in, but I’ll go down for pre-season and take it from there.

“The whole reason I signed for Sheffield Wednesday was because of the size of the club my wage and because they were always going to be in the Championship sooner rather than later. If you look at Sheffield Wednesday; they were a MASSIVE club in League One and will still be a MASSIVE club in the Championship, holding their own even with the teams that have just been relegated from the Premiership in terms of fanbase. It’s a great club to go and make your name at.”

Nice to see he recognises the fact we are MASSIVE!

http://www.wishawpre...76495-31118820/

Nice comments from him and appreciate him wanting to try and get into the team, but I just don't think he's good enough.

Good luck to him though.

I do think he has a chance with Jones. Didn`t he enquire about him when he was at Cardiff? Opposite situation to Chris O`Grady. Meggo hated Reynolds, loved O`Grady, Jones doesn`t seem to like COG.

Guest Big Guns

Just makes you wonder wot was going on in Irvines head ,all that money in that transfer window and he fooks it up .....

Guest foreverSWFC

Just makes you wonder wot was going on in Irvines head ,all that money in that transfer window and he fooks it up .....

Madine- Top goalscorer

Reda- Fan favourite, been one of best players this season

Morrison- Didn't work for him at Wednesday but has been a vital part of a Charlton side who are Champions, behind Batth best defender in league One last season

Reynolds- Who knows? Struggled so far to break in, but can be a good player, we all wrote Reda and Morrison of, look how well they did. Give him a chance.

So tbh irvine actually bought in some good players in January 2011, unfortunately he didn't know what to do with them.

Guest wilyfox

i know everybody hates Irvine, but the guy was in charge during winding-up orders, potential administration, and then a takeover - with Milan sitting on his shoulders. i still question the Reynolds deal, but Reda and Madine were good purchases, and Morrison has come good albeit for another club. given time, he might have fared better for us.

Guest foreverSWFC

i know everybody hates Irvine, but the guy was in charge during winding-up orders, potential administration, and then a takeover - with Milan sitting on his shoulders. i still question the Reynolds deal, but Reda and Madine were good purchases, and Morrison has come good albeit for another club. given time, he might have fared better for us.

I think Irvine was unlucky as a manager, he was manager at a very difficult time for the club, witht the problems and changes off the pitch, tbh he did well in that November period when we were really in the crap. I can't help but feel the signings he made had a disruptive impact on the rest of the team, i mean we were sitting comfortably in the promotion pack then we altered the entire defence, they must have thought what were they doing which was so wrong, definitely had a negative impact on the rest of the team as it started to go downhill from there.

Irvine was let down by alot of experienced players who showed no bottle or guile when we needed it i reckon, still he was very tactically poor towards the latter of his time with us, i'm gladf we replaced him with a stronger manager like Megson who went on and did wonders for the club.

Guest foreverSWFC

The lad deserves a chance.

He does, not had a look in since he's been her, and tbh when he has played i think he has looke quite steady, espeically playing left back not his natural position. Don't understand how people can write him off yet.

Given Jones' round pegs in round holes attitude, I'm hoping that he's at least (or rather, at last) given a chance at centre back.

This.

He is poo at left back, but then that may have something to do with the fact that he isn't a left back.

Guest wilyfox

i'm not convinced he'll get an opportunity in his preferred position. we've Llera and Jones already, Gardner supposedly set to sign, and Beevers offered a new deal. Reynolds stands a greater chance at LB, but Reda is more effective in that position.

Guest wilyfox

This.

He is poo at left back, but then that may have something to do with the fact that he isn't a left back.

Megson disagreed

Guest foreverSWFC

He's had a chance hasn't he?

Good players don't normally get shipped out on loan for long periods - same with Coke.

Megson didn't like him, he preffered having two big, solid centre backs E.G. Jones and Batth, Reynolds isn't that big therefore was never going to get a chance in a side controlled by Megson.

A change in manager can see players who were previously out of the picture come good, Reynolds has something there and i just hope Dj gives him a chance, i think he will.