Mark Reynolds

Guest Big Guns

He didn't flip up regarding signing players, he fooked up cos he was tactically inept. The team was very capable of geting promoted, an awful 3 months of January, February and March cost us, Megson didn't do aswell as he should have at the start of his reign aswell.

Yes he did the players wernt good enough to get us promoted ,hence not getting promoted and him getting the sack

Morrison been sold ,Reynolds sent on loan ,Reda converted into a left back

Madine developing into a very good striker

Listen carefully they were bought to get us promoted but they didn't

Irvine fooked up the January transfer window...

i know everybody hates Irvine, but the guy was in charge during winding-up orders, potential administration, and then a takeover - with Milan sitting on his shoulders. i still question the Reynolds deal, but Reda and Madine were good purchases, and Morrison has come good albeit for another club. given time, he might have fared better for us.

Speak for yourself, don't assume that everybody else shares your views >

Guest foreverSWFC

Yes he did the players wernt good enough to get us promoted ,hence not getting promoted and him getting the sack

Morrison been sold ,Reynolds sent on loan ,Reda converted into a left back

Madine developing into a very good striker

Listen carefully they were bought to get us promoted but they didn't

Irvine fooked up the January transfer window...

Listen carefully, they were good enough to get us promoted. We were in 2nd spot entering January, it was an awful run of results from Irvine in January which cost us. They were brought to add to an already strong squad of players who were EXPECTED to challenge for promotion. They failed, a mixture of experienced bottlers and a manager runningh out of ideas cost us, the signings in January were good, solid additions.

Reynolds will get a chance just like every other player. he had the chance to perform under Irvine, and the chance to impress Megson. he'll also get a chance with DJ. shall we keep changing managers 'til we find one that rates him...?

But if you were the manager would you give him a go in his favoured position in a pre-season friendly?

Guest wilyfox

Speak for yourself, don't assume that everybody else shares your views >

that was a general remark based on the fact i get a hammering for suggesting Irvine did a decent job considering the difficulties the club were in during his tenure. you took it literally.

Guest Big Guns

Listen carefully, they were good enough to get us promoted. We were in 2nd spot entering January, it was an awful run of results from Irvine in January which cost us. They were brought to add to an already strong squad of players who were EXPECTED to challenge for promotion. They failed, a mixture of experienced bottlers and a manager runningh out of ideas cost us, the signings in January were good, solid additions.

Listen carefuly to this

You've said it yourself

Even your hero megson couldn't get anything out of them players

He sold morrison,sent Reynolds on loan

Made Reda a left back and help develop madine

They were the wrong players at that time to get us promoted

Irvine wasted the best transfer funds milans handed out yet

Comprenda....

Guest wilyfox

But if you were the manager would you give him a go in his favoured position in a pre-season friendly?

if i were the manager, i'd have had Reynolds watched during his games for Aberdeen (which i believe DJ did) with a view to deciding whether or not i wanted to keep him. if i could offload him, he wouldn't be in my squad by the time pre-season arrived. i feel Reda is more effective at LB, and we have better centre-halves in Llera, Jones, with hopefully Gardner and Beevers penning deals. Reynolds would be surplus to requirements in my squad.

if i were the manager, i'd have had Reynolds watched during his games for Aberdeen (which i believe DJ did) with a view to deciding whether or not i wanted to keep him. if i could offload him, he wouldn't be in my squad by the time pre-season arrived. i feel Reda is more effective at LB, and we have better centre-halves in Llera, Jones, with hopefully Gardner and Beevers penning deals. Reynolds would be surplus to requirements in my squad.

Now that I might be inclined to agree with.

It's not that I don't have my reservations about Reynolds, just that if he is to stay with us, I hope he gets a crack of the whip at centre back.

Well he's grown into a very good defender in a very good Charlton side. Just didn't work out for him at Wednesday, you can't deny that he isn't a good defender, take your blue and white tinted specs of.

I didn't say anything about him at charlton.

Your argument was that he wasn't diabolical for us and I say he wasn't good enough to be described as diabolical.

For us.

Guest wilyfox

Now that I might be inclined to agree with.

It's not that I don't have my reservations about Reynolds, just that if he is to stay with us, I hope he gets a crack of the whip at centre back.

it'll be difficult for him, we're moving to a league with more quality. Reynolds may find himself 4th choice LB, or 5th choice CB. if a fair crack means a clean slate and the chance to impress in training then fair enough; but if it means playing games, then he and fans may be disappointed.

it'll be difficult for him, we're moving to a league with more quality. Reynolds may find himself 4th choice LB, or 5th choice CB. if a fair crack means a clean slate and the chance to impress in training then fair enough; but if it means playing games, then he and fans may be disappointed.

I'm taking it to mean that. That and a couple of games during pre-season, and then take it from there. If he fails to impress Jones during that time then so be it, and I imagine he may not even see the season in with us.

Guest on the band wagon

Some players respond differently to different managers. The 4 lads who came in in jan 11 came into a team who were on a downward spural. Not sure reynolds is up the Championship but he should be given a chance by DJ, to see if he can get the best out of him

rvine was a joke of a manager, i'll never forget his quote at the start of the season after the great signings of Teale, Sedgewick and Morrison

"I would be happy with this squad in the Championship let alone Division 1" FFS can't wait to see him manage again lets hope its at pig lane.

As for Reynolds he will be watched in training and if he's owt like other jocks will be out classed and will not be seen playing championship

football next season, might play against stocksbridge if he's lucky, some of you should wake up a bit, he's too far down the pecking order so

ship him out ASAP.