Mark Reynolds

Guest Big Guns

That just hurt my head thinking about that lol

flip me lol that's wot you get owlstalking on your phone while you should be working

lol

I think Irvine was unlucky as a manager, he was manager at a very difficult time for the club, witht the problems and changes off the pitch, tbh he did well in that November period when we were really in the crap. I can't help but feel the signings he made had a disruptive impact on the rest of the team, i mean we were sitting comfortably in the promotion pack then we altered the entire defence, they must have thought what were they doing which was so wrong, definitely had a negative impact on the rest of the team as it started to go downhill from there.

Irvine was let down by alot of experienced players who showed no bottle or guile when we needed it i reckon, still he was very tactically poor towards the latter of his time with us, i'm gladf we replaced him with a stronger manager like Megson who went on and did wonders for the club.

It's funny how time passing can change perceptions.

Irvine was, and always will be an absolute car crash of a manager.

Reda was slow, lazy and out of position a lot last season. Working under Megson has changed him into a new player. When Reda played last season I used to cover my eyes and it was that painful to watch.

Megson takes full credit for nurturing him into a left back.

I have to say, whilst he was a walking disaster at times when he first signed, Reda Johnson has never been lazy wearing a blue and white shirt that i've seen.

Guest Big Guns

It's funny how time passing can change perceptions.

Irvine was, and always will be an absolute car crash of a manager.

Something we agree on 100%...

Guest wilyfox

Only their physical attributes are being compared.

Cannavaro may be shorter, and Walker the same height; but both weighed in a stone heavier than Reynolds

Cannavaro may be shorter, and Walker the same height; but both weighed in a stone heavier than Reynolds

Yeah, that makes all the difference.

No point seeing him play in his favoured position at all then.

Here was the best advice:

I'd rather just see him given a chance in the position than make assumptions based on his vitals.

Edited by DamnedOwl

Guest wilyfox

Yeah, that makes all the difference.

No point seeing him play in his favoured position at all then.

Here was the best advice:

oh give it a rest. if he's good enough he'll get a game; but i wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't. favoured position or not, he's a lightweight for a centre-half. Celtic and Rangers aside, i think the championship is a stronger league than the rest of the SPL - which is the only league Reynolds has shown competence in. he's yet to make an impact south of the border; but if he does well for us, as a Wednesday fan i'd be delighted to see him prove me wrong.

Guest Sniper1

All the more surprising that Beevers has been used in that position.

We had no option really.

Buxton couldn't move across because Semi was injured.

Reda, Bennett and D.Jones all injured and Reynolds was out on loan.

Guest wilyfox

unless you all wanna see more of this...

Rochina beats Reynolds to the ball

article-2029752-0D8F1EED00000578-280_634x409.jpg

and this...

Celtic striker Scott McDonald gives Motherwell's Mark Reynolds the slip

_44564244_mcdonald_reynolds_sns416.jpg

Guest foreverSWFC

Madine. At that time was developing

Reda was awful and still is a square hole in a round peg

Morrisons absolute dire and was rightly shipped our probably losing money on him

Reynolds ,shown nothing sent on loan probably costing us money

If megson had been backed as well we might have Ben Marshall now

If Dave Jones did we might already have Antonio

Irvines had the most amount of money to spend and fooked it up ...

Your point about Madine is utter crap, so i'm not gonna bother arguing it. He was developing, he still is, dlesn't mean it was a bad signing. What you on about?

Reda didn't look as comfortable under irvine and at the start of Megson's reign, but Irvine obviously saw the potential, the ability was there, you can't say it was all down to Megson that Reda is the player he is now, he did have the ability, just needed unlocking. Still without Irvine he wouldn't be a Wednesday player, simple.

The abuse Michael Morrison gets on here is exaggerated, yes he wasn't very good for us but he wasn't diabolical. Obviously Irvine knew what he had, otherwise he wouldn't have been an integaral part of an outstanding Charlton side.

Reynolds, quite simply, hasn't been given a proper chance.

I don't quite understand what you're arguing BG, your argument is all mudddled, your originally blaming Irvine for the signings he made, now you are blaming him for his management of these players. I agree with you that he didn't do very well, but to say the signings he made were poor is wrong.

Did you see Michael Morrison's performance at Birmingham in the FA Cup?

That on it's own told me enough about the guy. He didn't want to play for us, and more shamefully he neshed more than one tackle.

I think diabolical would be a compliment to his contribution to our club.

oh give it a rest. if he's good enough he'll get a game; but i wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't. favoured position or not, he's a lightweight for a centre-half. Celtic and Rangers aside, i think the championship is a stronger league than the rest of the SPL - which is the only league Reynolds has shown competence in. he's yet to make an impact south of the border; but if he does well for us, as a Wednesday fan i'd be delighted to see him prove me wrong.

Clown.

All you seem to be doing is arguing against people that are merely suggesting he's given a go in his favoured position, whilst fretting about his height and weight as though it were a game of Top Trumps.

We've all seen him at left back, so no one's committing themselves to saying he'll be great at centre back, or even that he'll be able to get into the side at all (not even Mark Reynolds himself seems all that confident about that), just that he gets a chance there.

Guest Big Guns

Your point about Madine is utter crap, so i'm not gonna bother arguing it. He was developing, he still is, dlesn't mean it was a bad signing. What you on about?

Reda didn't look as comfortable under irvine and at the start of Megson's reign, but Irvine obviously saw the potential, the ability was there, you can't say it was all down to Megson that Reda is the player he is now, he did have the ability, just needed unlocking. Still without Irvine he wouldn't be a Wednesday player, simple.

The abuse Michael Morrison gets on here is exaggerated, yes he wasn't very good for us but he wasn't diabolical. Obviously Irvine knew what he had, otherwise he wouldn't have been an integaral part of an outstanding Charlton side.

Reynolds, quite simply, hasn't been given a proper chance.

I don't quite understand what you're arguing BG, your argument is all mudddled, your originally blaming Irvine for the signings he made, now you are blaming him for his management of these players. I agree with you that he didn't do very well, but to say the signings he made were poor is wrong.

Listen very carefuly

Milan backed Irvine in the January transfer window with more money than he backed megson with

He backed him to buy players who would get us promoted that season ,Irvine squandered it and got the sack

No other manager as yet had that kind of financial backing do you understand

Irvine fooked up in January..

Guest foreverSWFC

Listen very carefuly

Milan backed Irvine in the January transfer window with more money than he backed megson with

He backed him to buy players who would get us promoted that season ,Irvine squandered it and got the sack

No other manager as yet had that kind of financial backing do you understand

Irvine fooked up in January..

He didn't flip up regarding signing players, he fooked up cos he was tactically inept. The team was very capable of geting promoted, an awful 3 months of January, February and March cost us, Megson didn't do aswell as he should have at the start of his reign aswell.

Guest foreverSWFC

Did you see Michael Morrison's performance at Birmingham in the FA Cup?

That on it's own told me enough about the guy. He didn't want to play for us, and more shamefully he neshed more than one tackle.

I think diabolical would be a compliment to his contribution to our club.

Well he's grown into a very good defender in a very good Charlton side. Just didn't work out for him at Wednesday, you can't deny that he isn't a good defender, take your blue and white tinted specs of.

Guest wilyfox

Clown.

All you seem to be doing is arguing against people that are merely suggesting he's given a go in his favoured position, whilst fretting about his height and weight as though it were a game of Top Trumps.

We've all seen him at left back, so no one's committing themselves to saying he'll be great at centre back, or even that he'll be able to get into the side at all (not even Mark Reynolds himself seems all that confident about that), just that he gets a chance there.

so it's ok to point out that pace is an asset, but not to mention that other physical attributes such as height and strength might be important? it's a coincidence the vast majority of centre-halves are big strong guys? managers do not see those factors important when buying and selecting?

Reynolds will get a chance just like every other player. he had the chance to perform under Irvine, and the chance to impress Megson. he'll also get a chance with DJ. shall we keep changing managers 'til we find one that rates him...?

Edited by wilyfox