How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

Guest eggsarnie

i went when i was about 6, but cant remember who against, my mum ended up taking me as my dad was working every hour god sent, the first game i can remember was being 10 , f.a cup semi final at villa park against everton, we lost 2-1 on my birthday but still loved it.

i had also been to loads of reserves games before the game i can remember, and as john pearson lived just down the road, i used to get his autograph every week, must have had it about 50 times in my young owls autograph book

Guest Cheeryble

I was 8 or 9 when I first saw a Wednesday match. A neighbour took me along because one of his daughters, who had a season ticket on the North, couldn't go and so I was able to take her seat. We played Wimbledon and I think we lost 2-0, although it might have been a 0-0 draw. Was that in 1985, anyone? Anyway, it remains to this day as the most boring game I have ever seen, but it didn't stop me from getting my first season ticket the following year.

My son turns 4 in a few weeks and he will see his first match sat next to me in the Grandstand when we play our first home league game of the season. Hope it's a better than the one I saw against Wimbledon!

Can anyone help me out as to when my first game was? It's confused me, but I was young at the time and might be wrong with the details. It was my first ever game!

Looking at your previous post, we certainly didn't play Doncaster in 1987, unless it was a friendly. We didn't play them in a competitive game for more than 25 years until the 2004/05 promotion season.

Looking at your previous post, we certainly didn't play Doncaster in 1987, unless it was a friendly. We didn't play them in a competitive game for more than 25 years until the 2004/05 promotion season.

Thanks for double checking. It's had me confused for years! Of course, back then, I never realised that I would have to remember! Still, even 25 years later, I'm hooked :)

Guest Booey

First Ever Post:

Ipswich, Last day of the season 1994/95 i was 9, Win 4-1 Whittingham (2) Mike Williams and a late cherry on top from Brighty i think, sat on leppings lane lower tier right behind the goal. Remember pointing the ipswich fans (already relegated) in the direction of the sty after the game. Didnt realise at the time that if results transpired against us we could have gone down that day. Luckly we won, finished 13th and survived another 5 years in the top flight before relegation, by that time I had a season ticket on the kop. Hooked for Life. WAWAW UTO WTID