How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

I was 15. Saturday 3rd December 1994, we beat Palace 1-0 with a Bart-Williams goal.

My Palace-supporting uncle had got us free tickets through John Pemberton, who was playing for Leeds by then. Leeds were playing on TV on the Sunday so we sat in the South Stand with Pemberton and Carlton Palmer who'd both come over to watch the game themselves.

I think it was the first time I'd been anywhere further north than Stansted.

Guest RS_OWL

I was 9 and got hooked following listening to the radio commentary of all the Owls FA cup battles with Arsenal in the 78/79 season. I started going to the matches very soon afterwards but unfortunately cannot remember who the first opponents were. I do know that my first away game was at Mansfield (what a dump!) in March 1980 with Andy McCulloch scoring in a 1-1 draw.

Despite my best efforts it took me 14 years to get my daughter interested with her first match being the relegation match with Palace. She has now been to 15 matches and not seen the Owls lose yet! Now a true Owl this will be her first season as a season ticket holder and she loves the away games as much as me, so should looks like an expensive year ahead.

I was 12, no family to take me when I was younger, went with my mates and stood on the Lep, Tue 27 Oct Blackburn Rovers, League Cup game and we lost 2-1, Gary Bannister scored for us, only 13,087 att but can remember staring at the kop with its hump in the night sky !

It was flippingfreezin ! lol

September 1978 for me - I was 6 - Plymouth at home, we lost 3-2. My dad sat me on one of the barriers.....remember it mostly because Plymouth wore green and the keepers had to wear different coloured shirts (red I think).......it was still in the times when the keepers wore the same shorts & socks as the team, with a green jersey!!!!

I was 9 and got hooked following listening to the radio commentary of all the Owls FA cup battles with Arsenal in the 78/79 season. I started going to the matches very soon afterwards but unfortunately cannot remember who the first opponents were. I do know that my first away game was at Mansfield (what a dump!) in March 1980 with Andy McCulloch scoring in a 1-1 draw.

Despite my best efforts it took me 14 years to get my daughter interested with her first match being the relegation match with Palace. She has now been to 15 matches and not seen the Owls lose yet! Now a true Owl this will be her first season as a season ticket holder and she loves the away games as much as me, so should looks like an expensive year ahead.

That Mansfield match was my 1st away game too - wasn't McCulloch's goal his 100th in the league?? You can hardly say he scored it, sure he knocked it in with his balls from 0.1 yards out from a corner :)

was 1962 & was 7 year old, soaked on east bank pitch like a mud bath. v Ipswich cant remember score

I am afraid I saw that game. Lost 4-1. Ipswich had just been promoted for the first time and won the Championship comfortably. Crawford and Phillips scored all their goals, and each played all 42 games no injuries no suspensions. We finished 6th. Whisper scum finished 5th

I'm a bit embarrassed because I don't know how old I was. I think we were playing Doncaster Rovers sometime around 1987. We lost 2-1. I've tried looking the game up because I'd love to know how old I was. I had to rely on my uncle to take me because my dad wouldn't.

Aged 6 against Leicester in October 84 we won 5-0 Imre got a hatrick, sat at the back of the south with my dad. Who remarkably I remember putting a tenner in his sock as a back up just in case & that was without a beer! Remember spilling a massive carton of pop when we scored a sign of things to come :) UTO

I was 9, first game of the 96-97 season

17th August 96, v Villa womn 2-1 with goals from Humphreys and Whittingham. Finished 7th that season and I well and truly believed we were awesome, soon got a shock when I was old enough a few years later to start going regularly with my mates.

Guest JohnFantham

1963/64 season but not sure who it was against though I think it was Notts Forest or Blackburn. My sons first was against Shrewsbury in or around 1982.