How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

Boxing day 1985 Kevin Pressman broke his leg and we were playing Man City.

I think we drew but don't like looking stats up to make it look like I'm a super fan, I was 5.

It was New Years Day, it was 1990, and Pressman did his knee ligaments not a broken leg.

Pah, and you have the nerve to award yourself a +1 for that post!

(we won 2-0 by the way, Hirst scored the opener)

I was about 9ish in 1998 when we beat Man U at home. I had my first Wednesday shirt on, an away shirt with Carbone on the back, Can't remember whether it was the orange one or the Yellow White and Black one.

I remember that game. I was a similar age but it wasn't my first game. Didn't Nicholas Alexandersson score 2 and Wim Jonk got the other?

Guest trusty_left_peg

I was 6 - April 1995 against Everton. It finished 0-0, Hirst had a goal ruled out from memory.

Nov 1959. Swfc 7 West Ham 0. Well I would not forget that. Stood on what was the terrace south stand corner next to the dug out.. May have been earlier but cannot remember. Certainly at swfc 2-1 Spurs following year. The famous one.

Oh I would have been 11 in 1959.

Took 2 sons in children enclosure the day scum were relegated at Chelsea. Think we drew 1-1 with man city.

Easter Monday April 1982 v Newcastle, i had just turned 10 years old!

Pestered my old man for ages before he finally relented, money was tight for us back then, so i understood, but still wanted to go desperately!

We won 2-1, Shelton and JP with the goals. Still have both mine and my dads tickets from the match, and an image of a full Hillsborough on a sunny day with the uncovered kop etched into my heart!

I was 7 or 8 I think? Took my daughter to her fist game against wycombe, she is 5 and a half. Made sure she met barney and ozzie, had a t shirt printed and her face painted..sat on the row in front of reda! Now she thinks all games are like that, and was desperate to get on the pitch at the end! Will be taking my son later this year, he's 4. Worth mentioning, that I picked his middle name of Oliver based on his last names initials being WL....

I went to my first game aged 6 in September 1948.

First season tickets were purchased at the end of the season when Big Jack came and we avoided relegation by winning the last game of the season.

My five children are all Wednesdayites (and started going between 6 and 8 years old), as is my wife (formerly a Derby County supporter), and my sister and her family.

My 'heroes' include Derek Dooley, Quixall and Finney, Wednesday's best ever goalkeeper i.e. Ron Springett, Swan and Kay, Roland, Carlton, Shezza and Mr Hirst. A special mention for Chrissy Waddle who gave me my best 20 minutes of pure football enjoyment ever in his virtuoso performance against West Ham. I am now looking forward to some more heroes, perhaps even No. 22. Onwards and upwards.

Guest pops55

I Was 7 we beat Man U 1-0 kay was the scorer, my son was 6 and we drew with Millwal old 1st div hirsty scored a header after we were 1-0 down.

Edited by pops55

26 December 1979. I was 11 and my Uncle Derrick had a mate called Terry Curran who got us some tickets for the local Sheffield derby game. I had been brought up a Leeds fan by my Dad and had been to lots of Leeds games as a kid in 70's. Leeds were a great team at the time. I had never been to see Sheffield Wednesday, but I had always had a soft spot for them because my Uncle liked them and they had a funny name. BUT, after that famous day I was WTID. I had never known an atmosphere like it. I never looked back. I'm 44 now and I will never forget that day as long as I live.

In 2007 we moved back from Australia to UK as I got a contract working for a firm in Leeds. My daughter was 3 and I took her to Hillsborough for the first time. We beat Southampton 5-0. We are now back in Sydney, my daughter is 8 and doesn't much care for football, but to this day every time I mention Sheffield Wednesday my daughter asks me if they won 5-0. It's good to know she will always remember

it.

Guest Guffyowl

I was late to football, and did not really get intrested until i was 9. Didnt have any other Wednesday fans living near me where I grew up in Birmingham so grabbed a lift with a mate's dad when we played Aston Villa. It was 0-0 as far as I can remember. I had seen us play at other venues but never Hillsborough before that. My daughter was 3, its was a 1-1 draw with QPR when Sturrock was manager and my younger daughter came with me to see Notts County in the JPT when O'conner got a brace a year or so ago she was about 14 months old.