Sign in to follow this  
Bearwood Owl1

How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

I was 8.

To be honest I'm itching to to take my lads - one is 17months the other 3 1/2. Just wondered what the average age was? I've been up the top of the South and seen young kids recently. So how old were you and for the parents among you how old were your kids when you first took them?

i was 3 years old in the north against tottenham, won 1-0 :) cant remember the year but they got a red card, 1993 i think..

Me, a rather pathetic 13 because my dad doesn't like football.

My youngest daughter was about 5 months and my oldest daughter was 3 months. She also has had a season ticket since age three and only misses night games.

8 year old.

1989 against Liverpool won 2-0, don't remember the match but do remember stood in the kop- where tango stands now.

Still gives me goose pimples remembering watching the kop surge forward like a wave. Will never forgot that moment.

The day Wednesday chose me..

• Agree 2

I was 7 years old, but my kids was'nt around then.

• Agree 4

9. Boxing Day 1984 vs Aston Villa.

My boy was 5, but TBH, it is too young. They've got to really be in to it to keep their attention, otherwise they're wanting to go to the snack bar or whatever.

7 or 8 is about right, but always worth a try at a preseason friendly. That way you're not really missing anything.

UTO :biggrin:

10, New Years day against Everton 1-0. Bought an 'Owls for Life' mug on the day with Christmas money.....never a truer purchase bought!

• Agree 1

1988 and I was 8.

Lost 3-0 at home to Tottenham.

I think Tony Galvin was on the cover of the programme, still got it somewhere at me Mum's.

i was 8 and jack was born wen we topped premership and went first game wen we played sunderland premiership relegation season kevin philips again would have been 4 jamie went wen he was a bit older reading game 2 down h\t won 3-2 bin bout 7 i think all bin today

1960 v Tottenham Hotspur

I was 6 years old

3 weeks old. Didn't have a name and was named after the first Wednesday goal scorer in that match (vs Luton in April 1981 I think). Kevin Taylor scored.

I was 8. Against West Brom.

My Lad was 6 months - although had a season ticket at 13 days (before had his birth certificate)

I had just turned 5 in Sep 71 I think. We beat Sunderland 3-0 if I recall

5 v Derby 1968.

Took lad to his first game when he was 3 against Wimbledon in 93.

Guest antowl

4 against Coventry November 93 i think? remember nowt from the match but seeing the ground in the horizon for the very first time was amazing.

November '89. Wednesday 2-0 Liverpool.

I think it was Trev who posted the highlights from that game on here the other week.

I will you a more relevant question - when do kids start watching and enjoying football - 8/9 years old. My little boy goes to the games and has done so since even before he could walk - still not that interested lol Ben 10 and Star Wars mad lol

6, vs Chelsea 94