How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

I'm not sure on the year tbh but it was just before Big Jack took over. A more interesting fact for me is that me and my 3 lads all went to our first match when we were in the 3rd division. My oldest lads was in 2005 the promotion season my middle lad was last season and my youngest just managed to get a couple of games in last season. Now thats achieved there's no reason for us ever to visit the sh!t hole of a league ever again lol

I was 9, Boxing Day 1994 W 5-1 vs Coventry.

My uncle took me as a Christmas present. I'd been pestering my dad since about 5 but my mum was scared silly by the disaster and refused to let my dad take me.

Coming home safe that day got my dad permissions. Next game was cup replay vs Wolves two weeks later, and is one of the worst games I ever saw.

I was 8, Feb 1981 v Oldham - which means that the first and last games I went to were both 3-0 wins against them. I never really showed any interest in watching football until for some reason I suddenly got into it, I only wish with hindsight that I'd done so about 18 months earlier so that I hadn't missed out on the 79-80 promotion season.

My boy's 4, but isn't really ready yet although he fully understands that Wednesday is his team and United are "bad people". He says he'll go to the match when he's 5! He's had a season ticket since he was born, because the seat next to us was free so he's effectively got it reserved until he starts going as long as the free u-8 tickets continue.

I didn't realise that this was an old thread until I saw my own post. I think my boy will be introduced to the Mecca in the next few weeks - he made his Wednesday "debut" at Stocksbridge last night, his first ever football game! I was worried that he'd get fed up and either behave like a git or demand to go home after about 20 minutes so I tested the water with a friendly to see how he'd take to it instead of risking it happening at a league game but he saw it through with no incidents. He can't wait to go to the "proper" ground now.

He's getting well into it, he sings the Madine and Semedo songs by himself. In fact every time Madine came remotely near him last night he started waving, the soft little sod.

Guest DronfieldOwl77

I was 9 years old. April 87 at home against Forest we lost 3-2. I remember Martin Hodge trying to dribble the ball past Franz Carr who just took the ball off him and put it in the net. I remember thinking why did he even try that. FFS.

Guest Owlamspartacus

I was 3 ! A little easily forgotten game on boxing day 1979 ! Carn,t remember who we played or the score . ? I was only 3 :,-)

I was 10 - first game last game of season 1973/4 - had to win to stay in 2nd division Ken Knighton scored and we won 1-0 against Bolton fantastic atmosphere & celebrations and I was hooked for life.

Been taking my boy who is 10 since he was 4 and to be honest he wasn't bothered until last season and now he's gone Wednesday bonkers and it's costing me a fortune but that is just fantastic by me UTO!

9 yrs old in 1979, plymouth argyle, went with my cousins who where and still are s/ticket holders, then another uncle starting taking me to the home matches but he preffered the south stand, where as i went in the kop with my cousins,

my dad was never interested in footy,preffered a pint and darts

but both myself and my son have s/tickets, he's 16 now and i really enjoy match days with him, lol

Guest York-owl-chris

I was 4

Premier League Sat, 24.10.

Owls 0-0 Everton

I remember being in the Leppings Lane end. Until this season I haven't had many happy times to be fair!

Hasn't stopped me coming every week though!

Guest Dani B Donny Owl

My dad took me when i was 1 against liverpool in 1985, and he took me to a few more after that but the first actual game i can really remember going to was southampton at home in 1992 i was 8, i took my little boy to the Rovers friendly 2 seasons ago, he was 15 month old and went to sleep in second half, i am however takin him again next saturday to see how he gets on, he's now 3 and a bit