How old were you (and your kids) when you first went to Hillsborough?

Guest PAUL.

Age10. September 1967 at Hillsborough, a 2-2 draw with the Pigs.

I think my son Lee was around 6 years old when I introduced him to the reserve games first (he's 23 in June).

I was 5 or 6 and it was the 79/80 season. Took me a while to get into it.

Started taking my daughter at 6 and my son at 4. He was too young though so had a gap until he was 5 but then he loved it. He is now 9 and has watched wednesday at 52 grounds, my daughter is 11 and has been to just under 50. They both love it.

I was 8.

To be honest I'm itching to to take my lads - one is 17months the other 3 1/2. Just wondered what the average age was? I've been up the top of the South and seen young kids recently. So how old were you and for the parents among you how old were your kids when you first took them?

My lad is 6 and on his 3rd season ticket. For the first season & a half, he only went for the sweets and moaned to go at about 70 mins.

It was a bit of a pain at 1st, but the effort was worth it. Now he absolutley loves it, watches the game and knows all the players names and wants to stay till the death.

Top tip: start taking them in the summer, bring loads of sweets and get an isle seat, they always want the bog.

Top tip: start taking them in the summer, bring loads of sweets and get an isle seat, they always want the bog.

I think that will be my plan - either this year or next. Trouble is I have to travel up from the midlands and Mrs Bearwood gets a bit annoyed with me leaving her with the kids to watch football! If I take at least one of the boys, I get to see more games. Everyone's a winner.

I was 8, Feb 1981 v Oldham - which means that the first and last games I went to were both 3-0 wins against them. I never really showed any interest in watching football until for some reason I suddenly got into it, I only wish with hindsight that I'd done so about 18 months earlier so that I hadn't missed out on the 79-80 promotion season.

My boy's 4, but isn't really ready yet although he fully understands that Wednesday is his team and United are "bad people". He says he'll go to the match when he's 5! He's had a season ticket since he was born, because the seat next to us was free so he's effectively got it reserved until he starts going as long as the free u-8 tickets continue.

I think that will be my plan - either this year or next. Trouble is I have to travel up from the midlands and Mrs Bearwood gets a bit annoyed with me leaving her with the kids to watch football! If I take at least one of the boys, I get to see more games. Everyone's a winner.

U need to get Mrs BW into football. You get a free under 8s with an adult season ticket, therefore she will have to come to get both of your lads in for free, in a couple of years. My other is a daughter, her & her mum are glad to have us out of the house for the afternoon. It works well.

Although I sometimes miss the big ale sessions, pre & post match, I really enjoy taking my son and wouldn't want to go to games without him now.

U need to get Mrs BW into football. You get a free under 8s with an adult season ticket, therefore she will have to come to get both of your lads in for free, in a couple of years. My other is a daughter, her & her mum are glad to have us out of the house for the afternoon. It works well.

Although I sometimes miss the big ale sessions, pre & post match, I really enjoy taking my son and wouldn't want to go to games without him now.

Mrs BW has been a few times in the past. She's not really bothered though. Her family are all Birmingham City season ticket holders, and I'd rather chew my own gonads than let the lads support that lot. Hence the itch to get the boys up to Hillsborough. I want them to want to watch a decent club and to follow the path of me, my dad and my grandad!

I don't know how old my Father was on his first visit to Hillsboro', but I was 5 years old when he first took me to see the Owls......in 1951

My two Sons were 6 and 8 years old, when My Wife and I first took them .....in 1978

AND my two Grandsons were 6 and 8 years old, when we All first took them.....in 2011

and my two Greatgrandsons...........well not yet for quite a while............ .date to be advised

Me, a rather pathetic 13 because my dad doesn't like football.

My youngest daughter was about 5 months and my oldest daughter was 3 months. She also has had a season ticket since age three and only misses night games.

exactly same as my dad, he never liked any sport, my first owls match was when i was 14 with some mates v notts forrest we lost 3 - 0, think that game relegated us aswell.

I was 32!! that was 3 years ago, got to see my second match last year and took my two eldest daughters aged 6 and 3. My 3 year old outsung most of the South Stand with her rendition of HI Ho throughout the match!

Got olympic footie next month, taking them and our son, he will be 1 years old