paul sturrocko

Sturro should have been with us longer. He was another victim of the rot that had set in upstairs.

Would love him to come back in some sort of role one day - with Meggo's blessing of course!

I still always forget and sing 'sturrock is our king' in the promotion song before i correct myself and say megson.

who needs mourinho, weve got paul sturrocko

i remember the outcry when he was sacked - one of the few managers we've had where the crowd actually were against his sacking. good luck to him, and i hope to see him climbing the leagues again, although not at our expense!

The day we sacked him was one of my lowest points as an Owl. History shows us that when we let a good manager go, relegation soon follows: Wilko, Big Ron (2nd spell), Sturrock.

i couldn't believe it...

top manager...

great bloke...

perhaps that's why he didn't fit in with those around him here...

Guest moonraker

Did a bloody good job at Swindon with his hands tied tight to....though after losing at home to us last week Southend followed up with a shock home defeat to Bradford tonight.

Very well thought of in Swindon still......not forgetting what a quality player he was in that great Dundee Utd team.

Edited by moonraker

Guest bobboldersboots

Just remind me, was he the bloke who played a 5 foot 2 inch gabby agbonlahor who was the under 18 year old 100 metre champion at the near post defending corners?

Thank god he hadn't got him out ready to chase the loose ball.

A nice enough bloke but a very lucky manager at S6 who really doesn't deserve a legacy at this club.

Worst football ever seen at S6

Uncle Dave's best decision to out by a country mile.

Just remind me, was he the bloke who played a 5 foot 2 inch gabby agbonlahor who was the under 18 year old 100 metre champion at the near post defending corners?

A nice enough bloke but a very lucky manager at S6 who really doesn't deserve a legacy at this club.

Bullsh!t, what a strange thing to bring up too.

We were going nowhere before he came in and to get us promoted that season was nothing short of magnificent.

To keep us up the next season under the constraints he was working under (falling ill after the Hull game in December too) was just as fantastic.

Agbonlahor is 5ft 11.

flip off pigeon fiddler

Edited by evaD

God bless him,top bloke who got dumped on by uncle Dave.

Your memory is letting you down. Sturrock did a fantastic job in getting us promoted. he was and always will be a hero for what he achieved, but at the time he got the sack, we were only going in one direction, and that was down. Was it Colchester where we got thrashed in that night match, and Sturrock, on Radio Sheffield and in the Star, said the team needed dismantling and rebuilding, but that team contained nine players he'd fairly recently brought to the club. The truth of the matter is, he went to Dave Allen and said that if he wasn't given more money for signings he was walking, so Dave Allen said, "fine, walk", or words to that effect. That was the beginning of the end, because you can't hold a gun to the head of someone like allen. sturrock did fantastically for us, but don't make hime out to be something he isn't. At the time he left us, HIS team was atrocious.

I'm not buying that I'm afraid. We were forced into playing Sean Mcallister up front and had no strikers. Sturrock needed a loan or someone to play up front. Sturrock did a great job with a pitiful budget and we weren't even in the bottom 3 when he was sacked. His achievement of promoting that garbage and then keeping them up the following season was better than anything any manager has done since Atkinson. I'm hoping Megson will be similarly successful and he looks like he is going to be too. However I do think our current squad is better than the last lot we had in this division.