31000 ticket allocation for Huddersfield

Guest BoomTownOwls

Guest BoomTownOwls

Am I missing a trick here?

The club haven't capped the amount of home tickets they're selling... So why would it be 31k max?

Because 31,000 is roughly the amount of tickets the ground holds.

Official capacity = 39,812

West Stand and North West Terrace = 7,995

Remaining tickets = 31,817

North Stand holds 9,255 split between 8 full blocks and 2 half blocks. One of those half blocks (T1) is unavailable. Therefore, approximately 1/18 of the North Stand is unavailable (514 seats).

Therefore, total available seats is approximately 31,303. Or 31,000 to keep it simple.

Yes, i know I am sad.

He was including both tiers of the west stand though.

Still, the NW corner, the first few rows on the west upper and the end block on the north probably wipes out around 3k seats from the official capacity, not sure how it gets down to 31k from there though.

Guest BoomTownOwls

4,801 left on Kop

4,063 left in North Stand & Grandstand

3,414 left in South Stand

Amazingly the South Stand is the stand racking up the sold out blocks with four. Although a few of the central blocks in North and on kop are very close.

12,278 left.

Therefore approximately 19,000 home tickets sold so far with a supposed 4,000 sold from Huddersfield.

It looks like it will be about 28,000 to me.

Guest BoomTownOwls

He was including both tiers of the west stand though.

Still, the NW corner, the first few rows on the west upper and the end block on the north probably wipes out around 3k seats from the official capacity, not sure how it gets down to 31k from there though.

Dan you have completely lost me.

The official capacity is 39,812.

The official capacity of the West Stand and North West Terrace is 7,995. Therefore those seats are unavailable to home fans and it is irrelevant whether they are taped over, a Huddersfield fan is sat in one or gary megson does a strip tease stood on them. They are still unavailable.

Therefore the maximum amount of tickets available to home fans is 31,817. We know T1 in the North is not being used thereby bringing it down to approximately 31,000 tickets available for home fans.

It seems pretty simple to me. lol

Edited by BoomTownOwls

Dan you have completely lost me.

The official capacity is 39,812.

The official capacity of the West Stand and North West Terrace is 7,995. Therefore those seats are unavailable to home fans and it is irrelevant whether they are taped over, a Huddersfield fan is sat in one or gary megson does a strip tease stood on them. They are still unavailable.

Therefore the maximum amount of tickets available to home fans is 31,817. We know T1 in the North is not being used thereby bringing it down to approximately 31,000 tickets available for home fans.

It seems pretty simple to me. lol

Nev said that 'if both clubs sell all their tickets it will be 31000'.

Guest BoomTownOwls

The obsession with attendances is very odd in my opinion.

Leave us accountants to add up and extrapolate projections. It makes us happy.

I find people clicking on threads they have no interst in very odd. lol

Already thought of that. They are pretty much healed and back to normal so shouldnt be a problem. Cant wait. Will be my first match as a Jaffa.

There's absolutely no way you've cleared out the pipes enough times already to guarantee that?

Guest BoomTownOwls

Is it recommended to pre-book tickets on the Kop for this, I'm going to be taking 3 with me at the weekend and we would want to sit together?

You'll be fine to sit together, just not in the central areas.

Guest Sunflower

Really looking forward to this game now, especially the sight of 20k+ wendies with their tongues up Mandaric's ar5e ;)

it's getting a bit cringeworthy chaps!