TheBrothers Johnson

Disagree, he offered more than JJ on this occasion and it's no coincidence that our second half performance dropped off some IMO. Was getting stuck in at least. As I say above JJ minus his pace is little threat at all.

1) Who was marking Ched Evans for the second goal, gifting him a free header? James O'Connor.

2) Who missed a glaring header, unmarked, 6 yards out in the first half (at 1-nil I think)? James O'Connor.

3) Who was playing left side of midfield where there was acres of space but no-one in a Wednesday shirt? James O'Connor.

4) What was the score when James O'Connor came off? 2-0 to United.

5) What was the final score? 2-2.

Though I agree JJ wasn't great.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

We got some late goals yes but most would agree our general level of play decreased in the second half with JJ in the team.

As for JOC being at fault on defensive and attacking headers he is the last player we want in those positions. Something has clearly gone wrong in our tactics when we have JOC being relied on to defend in the air.

Guest Big Guns

We got some late goals yes but most would agree our general level of play decreased in the second half with JJ in the team.

As for JOC being at fault on defensive and attacking headers he is the last player we want in those positions. Something has clearly gone wrong in our tactics when we have JOC being relied on to defend in the air.

Theres summat wrong when jocs starting games he's been awful in every game he's played in ,surely this time he will be dropped for good

JOC has had 2 nightmares on the trot and should be dropped. Right thing to replace him (even though JJ was poor)

Reda did ok but both him and bennett seem to get sucked inside / out of position.

Lines is a good player even though it wasn't his greatest game

Other than that, yeah good post.

in all honesty joc should have been got shut of in the closed season...

jj as we all should know by now is totally unreliable, you never know what's coming...

i think if he hadn't had a good end to last season, he might not have been back...

for me we'll need another winger at chrissy...

milan will strengthen the squad if we're in contention...

I thought JOC was once again, appaling.

I would say he has had worse games, but even when he plays ok by his standards, he is still appalling.

I really don't understand why Megson persists with him.

How the OP can say that bringing JJ on for him was a bad move is beyond me.

Edited by Beholder

More importantly we need someone to control the tempo of the game. Neither JJ or JOC do that and both are better off the bench depending on whether we need to chase a game or close it down. Young Palmer is the type of player who could give us that control, though maybe he's one for the future. It's a pity Megson wasn't able to bring Koumas here, imagine what this team would be like with him in instead of JOC

I would say he has had worse games, but even when he plays ok by his standards, he is still appalling.

I really don't understand why Megson persists with him.

How the OP can say that bringing JJ on for him was a bad move is beyond me.

A fit, in-form JJ over JOC sure. Currently though he looks nothing of the sort.

Guest Bedders

Would quite agree with that......JJ doesn't seem to 'get it' that when he's trying to force his way back into the team, (he needs) to use his pace & play it simple to gain confidence. He tries to beat too many men, gives it away & is ineffective.....ending up back on the bench next game. JJ is a confidence player...we can all see that....but in trying to gain the confidence he tries to do too much and is ineffective. At 31 we have to ask will he ever get the knack of regaining his confidence, forcing his way back into the team & being an effective member of the first team. We've held on due to 'promise'.....but at 31.....

Edited by Bedders

probably frustrated to be on the bench and not in the side, and trying to do too much. weve seen him do that a fair few times.

May well start at weekend, and will probably still rip defences apart. Megson needs to wind him in like he did last season.

i saw him play first half against stokes first team, and he was the only player aside from Buxton who threatened them - he made Woodgate look stupid. so has still got it, even at 31.