Bradford - Which side of the ground ?

Just been looking on footballgroundguide.co.uk and im abit confused as to which stand were in tomorrow ?

says that away fans used to go in the "TL DALLAS" stand, but now dont ? So are we on the "Midland Road East" stand instead ?

25sxwzq.jpg

On a different note : Never knew their Kop was so big ! Jesus !!!!

zx8q53.jpg

The last time I went Wednesday fans were in 3 stands. They gave us half of the smaller side stand, behind the goal and the upper tier of the bigger side stand. There isn't much they can do with the smaller stands cos they are restricted space wise but it does make the ground look lop-sided!

Guest Bradford_Fan

29zczeb.jpg

9kb0o0.jpg

Hi guys, City fan here.

You'll be allocated the end three blocks initially with a capacity of 1,800ish.....if need be they'll open up other towards the halfway line.

The away end should look a little like this from the outside -

Oh, and if you score, and the away end starts to shake.....don't worry, it's designed to flex.

How many are you looking at bringing?

29zczeb.jpg

9kb0o0.jpg

Hi guys, City fan here.

You'll be allocated the end three blocks initially with a capacity of 1,800ish.....if need be they'll open up other towards the halfway line.

Oh, and if you score, and the away end starts to shake.....don't worry, it's designed to flex.

Greetings Bradford fan. I think it would be a guess for anyone to ut a number to how many we will bring as it's pay on the gate. I'd imagine between 1 and 2 thousand. Probably closer to 1 as it's on Sky.

Are you expecting many there?

29zczeb.jpg

9kb0o0.jpg

Hi guys, City fan here.

Why not start in the middle and work outwards? It all seems a bit strange and not very well organised. I can see there being massive queues on the gates.

Just not bothered...

Last time I went (2004ish) we were on the stand behind the goal (opposite the Kop). It was a night game and Bradford had employed some rent-a-thug stewards from a security firm who were actively seeking to fight against any of our likely lads - and they ended up getting what they wanted during the second half! If my memory serves me correctly Tony Crane scored the equaliser for us in a 1-1 draw.

I always think of Bradford as about the only club who's struggle over the last 10 years has been on a par with our own. Good club though with some nice fans in my experience and they looked to be quite a tidy team when they played Leeds on the TV the other week. Gutted I can't make it tomorrow, but for those of you that do, look out for Bradford's new goalkeeping coach - none other than the original England's number one...Super Kevin Pressman.

Edited by TheWednesdayFC

Guest Bradford_Fan

Are you expecting many there?

We usually attract crowds of around 4,500ish for this comp - but with this tie being slightly more glamerous than the one's we've had previously in this competition, there might be a couple more there. Although, having said that, the tie is being televised.

My guesstimate.....probably in the region of 5,500 so long as you bring your fair share.

Guest Bradford_Fan

Why not start in the middle and work outwards? It all seems a bit strange and not very well organised. I can see there being massive queues on the gates.

What logical thinking.

Seriously though, you're right. I could be wrong but that's usually how we work things in the league.

There shouldn't be mass queues. We'll have around 4 or 5 turnstyles open - so don't worry about that.

What logical thinking.

Seriously though, you're right. I could be wrong but that's usually how we work things in the league.

There shouldn't be mass queues. We'll have around 4 or 5 turnstyles open - so don't worry about that.

4 or 5 turnstiles having to allocate tickets and take money / give change. Mate it will be carnage! It is bad enough at Hillsborough when they have pay on the gate at JPT matches WITH prepaid tickets too. I'm guna get there nice and early I think.

Just not bothered...

Guest utOwlz

To change the subject completely as cant be bothered to start a thread on it, does anyone know if we will play in our blue and white shirt or the grey one?

I was abit bemuzed to see that we played in Grey at Bournemouth when we usually would play in blue and white. Is it something to do with sponsor contracts? Will be annoying if we cant use our blue and white as much as possible this season i think, especially when our home shirt wouldnt clash with their home shirt.

I saw Bradford Park Avenue play Notts County in 1968-9 season. They lost their place in the league at the end of the following season. Shame. They had a decent stadium (based in Park Avenue of course)- better than City's at the time.

City's ground reminds me of Newcastle's .... ie massive on 2 sides and smaller on the other two. Superb stadium for that division, it has to be said. It's up Manningham Lane, which I think was one of the Yorkshire Ripper's haunts.

Guest Bradford_Fan

Just to clarify.... Is it definitely pay on the door? Don't want to wee wee tail up :rolleyes:

Yes, it is.

Very wierd looking stadium, I went a fair few years ago and we had stand behind the goal and half the side stand, won 2-0 kuqi and David Johnson were the scorers if my memory serves me correct

I'm glad you mentioned that.

I can honestly say I have fond memories of your 2,800 strong support singing loud and proud. Infact, i'd even go as far as saying your support that day was absolutely brilliant - it really was. I was only 12 at the time but my word I could hear you loud and clear from right at the top of the North-West Corner.

I seem to recall you brought your full band with you that day.

Once went on their kop with a mate whos a Bradford fan and it really is as steep as it looks on those photos.

A few neutral fans say this, but I don't seem to think it's all that steep - Maybe because i've waled up and down those steps a thousand times or more, I dunno?

The original post made me laugh, when you talked about the Kop being so big - It might be in size but in terms of capacity, it's small-fry compared to your Kop.

It only holds 7,500, with the Main stand being the biggest in terms of both size and capacity at over 9,000....should be 14,000, if only it was finished.

nz0d28.jpg