Who is this?

What would he have grounds to "kick up a fuss" about?

As i understand it, to display an image of some one in a public place is ok, so long as the picture is intented to display somthing other than the person in it. For example if the picture was intended to show the amount of empty seats it would be ok. However as the picture is displayed with the intention of discussing a civilian who has not consented to its display i believe its unlawful. Additionally he appears to have been named and identified as suffering with a named illness which he may or may not want to be the basis of an online discussion.

UTO

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Sorry to hear about his diabetes, but he needs to lose some weight then he may be better...

he has a double cheek and chin \ neck link......

Stay off the carbs and beer matey...

That's my advice anyway...

BUT Keep up the good work with the minibus.. well done TrueFan...

As i understand it, to display an image of some one in a public place is ok, so long as the picture is intented to display somthing other than the person in it. For example if the picture was intended to show the amount of empty seats it would be ok. However as the picture is displayed with the intention of discussing a civilian who has not consented to its display i believe its unlawful. Additionally he appears to have been named and identified as suffering with a named illness which he may or may not want to be the basis of an online discussion.

UTO

If it's classed as a public place then it is not unlawful, unethically maybe.

See below a similar situation regarding taking photos of people on the tube in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-14650757

If it's classed as a public place then it is not unlawful, unethically maybe. See below a similar situation regarding taking photos of people on the tube in London http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-14650757

The only thing i would say about that is, i assume the people are not named on that sight or include private information, and if remarks could be classed as slander that would be unlawful(not saying they are btw)

Anyway, doesnt matter, like i said, just saying.

And for the record, never met the bloke but at the same time he looks oddly familiar!

This is a hot topic amongst photographers. Police have stopped and even arrested photographers for doing what is perfectly legal...taking photographs (of people and/or buildings) in a public place. The reason given by police is usually that the photos might be useful to terrorists. Another absurd waste of police time. You can take photos of anyone and anything in a public place, the copyright rests with the photographer. Often I take photos of buildings (look up when you're in a city, you'll be surprised at the wonderful architecture) and street scenes, and pubs. Once these are gone it's difficult to remember them as they were (current example is the Moor)