Sean rigg signing from port vale?

I'm pretty sure that when he was on loan at Grays Athletic (then Conference National) back in 2008/09 I saw him play against Chelmsford City in an Essex Senior Cup tie. Grays were absolutely shocking that night.

Would never, ever have thought that one of their players from that night would be within a million miles of signing for Wednesday.

i put Rigg and Tubbs in the 'hopefully not' box. if we're gonna pin our promotion hopes on either of those two then we are in trouble. Rigg has done nothing prior to this season (which is only 4 games old), and Tubbs only has non-league background; smacks of desperation.

What types of player are Rigg and Tubbs?

Guest wilyfox

A young hungry player, who, if he did sign for us, would relish the challenge and wouldn't be here for a pay day. Weren't people moaning that we were making less of these sort of signings?

to complement established players, yes; but not instead of. to get promoted may need in the region of 75 goals. we need a striker likely to contribute 20-25 of those. there will be plenty of moaners if we sign Rigg or Tubbs and they finish on 5-10.

to complement established players, yes; but not instead of. to get promoted may need in the region of 75 goals. we need a striker likely to contribute 20-25 of those. there will be plenty of moaners if we sign Rigg or Tubbs and they finish on 5-10.

If we sign Rigg, it won't be in place of ALF or another striker we want.

Guest wilyfox

If we sign Rigg, it won't be in place of ALF or another striker we want.

Staton reported that Megson said we're bidding for 2; aiming to sign 1 of them.

i think he broke a bristol rovers players jaw a few years ago while he was playin 4 barrow in an fa cup tie

Other way round. His jaw was broken by a Barrow defender.

Just noticed the above but can't edit my post. Stupid IE6 at work... lol sorry Realist

Guest wilyfox

That might be why Tony Stewart's now saying we can have ALF for another £50k, because we've had this offer accepted on another player?

i had no idea Tony Stewart had said that; news to me. Megson and his coaches have said all summer they want proven players with the ability to get us where we want to be, not young players on a learning curve likely to make their mistakes playing for us. Rigg and Tubbs still have an aweful lot to prove - talented as they may be. whoever comes in needs to perform promptly. i don't think we can afford Rigg or Tubbs the time they will need.

i had no idea Tony Stewart had said that; news to me. Megson and his coaches have said all summer they want proven players with the ability to get us where we want to be, not young players on a learning curve likely to make their mistakes playing for us. Rigg and Tubbs still have an aweful lot to prove - talented as they may be. whoever comes in needs to perform promptly. i don't think we can afford Rigg or Tubbs the time they will need.

Edited by DamnedOwl

Guest wilyfox

cheaper, unproven & less experienced versions of other strikers we have gone for. at 27, you can hardly call Tubbs a young developing player.

I know mate.

He's just another poster who seems to know everything about every flipping player in the football league. Full of poo .

roger off bishop basher