Where is the creativity ?

Guest Owl30

Guest Owl30

All this talk about Le Fondre makes you wonder if some fan's actually look at the bigger picture, we have no creativity what so ever in the centre of midfield.

We have signed 2 players which are excellent battlers but no so good in the distribution department.

Our midfield is weak to say the least, one injury and we are done with in that area, we need at least 2 central mid's, and 2 strikers if we are to put up a serious challenge,

Guest Saturday Owl

Did we really need another negative thread? Prutton can pick a pass and I'm sure we'll be looking at other centre midfielders further down the line.

ALF also has a habit of creating his own chances, which is why I really want us to sign him now.

Guest Owl30

Semedo and Prutton are too similar and play too close together, as they are used to playing that "battling position" playing those two types of players would make you think that you have reliable wingers.

Something Wednesday certainly don't have in JJ and Sedgy, there is a massive amount of work to be done of we are to come any where near to the top two.

Guest Owl30

Did we really need another negative thread? Prutton can pick a pass and I'm sure we'll be looking at other centre midfielders further down the line.

ALF also has a habit of creating his own chances, which is why I really want us to sign him now.

It's not negative it's realistic, I'm a big Owl go home and away, we look strong as an ox at the back but get to the half way line and we are lacking, if we are to rely on the likes of Lewis Buxton rallying down the wing then we really do need a reality check, look how knackered Bennett was Saturday was for instance, blowing out of his arse is an understatement lol

Guest 03 owl

All this talk about Le Fondre makes you wonder if some fan's actually look at the bigger picture, we have no creativity what so ever in the centre of midfield.

We have signed 2 players which are excellent battlers but no so good in the distribution department.

Our midfield is weak to say the least, one injury and we are done with in that area, we need at least 2 central mid's, and 2 strikers if we are to put up a serious challenge,

Booooooooooooooo i think your off the mark there pal 1 winger 2 forward's 1 which will play in the hole so no need for another Cm.

Edited by 03 owl

Guest Owl30

Booooooooooooooo i think your off the mark there pal 1 winger 2 forward's 1 which will play in the hole so no need for another Cm.

We already have two who look like starting who "stay in the hole" they are not the sort of players who will set you goals up on a consistent basis.

The lack of creativity is a massive worry, surely fan's see it ???

Guest 03 owl

We already have two who look like starting who "stay in the hole" they are not the sort of players who will set you goals up on a consistent basis.

I Do yes and i Don't want to be negative because i think we are stronger than last season with respective players, we was still second in january without playing for 3 games, we have sorted out what went wrong ie a Manager who knows what is happening and knows what needs to be done.

NO MINCING ABOUT!!! :biggrin:

Guest Saturday Owl

Yes we see there's not as much creativity as one would hope for, and us as fans can see that. However Megson is the manager and is more knowledgeable when it comes to football and running a team than I am. I'll trust his judgement over the fans 110%.

Bit harsh on Prutton... but, we are looking for a totally different style this season..... The two in the middle break it up, squeeze when not in possession and then keep it simple getting full backs and then wingers in the game as early as possible.

Megson will still be looking for that other option, someone who genuinely is looking for a forward pass all of the time, a playmaker if you like.

But, genuine pace and directness on both flanks, supported by Prutton and Semedo will destroy many a teams this year

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

I don't see why you think our midfield is so weak when we have Prutton, Semedo, Coke, Palmer, Sedgwick, JJ, D.Jones and O'Connor there. Also Coke and Palmer can play 2 positions in midfield. Personally think we need two strikers and maybe a winger.

Guest Saturday Owl

I don't see why you think our midfield is so weak when we have Prutton, Semedo, Coke, Palmer, Sedgwick, JJ, D.Jones and O'Connor there. Also Coke and Palmer can play 2 positions in midfield. Personally think we need two strikers and maybe a winger.

Coke seems to be a bit of a forgotten man, hope he comes back and makes a great impression this season.

How long is he expected to be out for? Same with Semi? Only have Buxton at right back at the moment.

WE do not know if any /or who is or is not coming in yet though do we,there is time to remedy the midfield flair player that we need ,

Even though time is running out fast it is still a possibility we could get a ball player in,(HOPEFULLY)GM will sort it ,

Now where's them straws :biggrin:

GM must have expected us to replace Teale by now. That's not looking likely to happen before saturday though, with a striker seemingly being the priority.

Two explosive wingers, either side of Mellor was probably plan A. After missing out on a few wingers this summer and GM hinting prior to the Rotherham game, that we didn't have the players to play 4-3-3....

We're now being linked with ALF, a small poaching striker.

Without the new wingers, or a Koumas type between the 'screening' (as Evans describes them iirc) Prutton & Semedo, I think a lack of creativity is a real concern.... Hopefully we'll have plenty of corners on Saturday lol

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Coke seems to be a bit of a forgotten man, hope he comes back and makes a great impression this season.

How long is he expected to be out for? Same with Semi? Only have Buxton at right back at the moment.

Indeed, he shown what he can do at the start of last season, hopefully he can keep it up for the full season this year!

Just had a look on Semi's twitter, he said to CaicosOwl that he'll be training 'next week' on the 28th July

Guest Saturday Owl

Indeed, he shown what he can do at the start of last season, hopefully he can keep it up for the full season this year!

Just had a look on Semi's twitter, he said to CaicosOwl that he'll be training 'next week' on the 28th July

Would be a key figure if he played like that 80% of time, would get in double figures for goals anyway.

Great news regarding Semi, he's great competition for Buxton. Most clubs in this league would happily take Semi as first choice right back.

Where was the creativity in the middle last season?

Scoring goals wasn't 'that' much of a problem last season, it was the defensive side of the game what was atrocious. Truly abysmal, through 75% of the season.

Now we've shipped Teale & Potter out and at the moment replaced them with Prutton as it stands (who is a million miles better than Potter). But I wouldn't worry as quote clearly Megson is targeting an offensive midfielder to take the number 8 shirt, be it a a central player or a wide player.

I also think the fullbacks, Bennett, Otsemebor or Buxton will have instructions to get forward as much as possible, with Semeso in the middle. Last season the fullbacks were restricted from getting beyond the halfway line.

The creative issue is an issue, but not a massive one, I think people will be pleasently suprised by how much more attacking we are next season compared to the utter negative dross served up through Irvine (and we didn't have massive problems scoring then).