Where is the creativity ?

Guest Owl30

Where was the creativity in the middle last season?

Scoring goals wasn't 'that' much of a problem last season, it was the defensive side of the game what was atrocious. Truly abysmal, through 75% of the season.

Now we've shipped Teale & Potter out and at the moment replaced them with Prutton as it stands (who is a million miles better than Potter). But I wouldn't worry as quote clearly Megson is targeting an offensive midfielder to take the number 8 shirt, be it a a central player or a wide player.

I also think the fullbacks, Bennett, Otsemebor or Buxton will have instructions to get forward as much as possible, with Semeso in the middle. Last season the fullbacks were restricted from getting beyond the halfway line.

The creative issue is an issue, but not a massive one, I think people will be pleasently suprised by how much more attacking we are next season compared to the utter negative dross served up through Irvine (and we didn't have massive problems scoring then).

Yeah, pretty much it will be (When attacking):

--------Jones---Semedo-----Batth-----------

Buxton--Sedgwick-----Prutton----Bennett

----------------------JJ

----------Madine----------ALF?

But with Semedo a bit further forward.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Scoring goals wasn't 'that' much of a problem last season, it was the defensive side of the game what was atrocious. Truly abysmal, through 75% of the season.

Now we've shipped Teale & Potter out and at the moment replaced them with Prutton as it stands (who is a million miles better than Potter). But I wouldn't worry as quote clearly Megson is targeting an offensive midfielder to take the number 8 shirt, be it a a central player or a wide player.

I also think the fullbacks, Bennett, Otsemebor or Buxton will have instructions to get forward as much as possible, with Semeso in the middle. Last season the fullbacks were restricted from getting beyond the halfway line.

The creative issue is an issue, but not a massive one, I think people will be pleasently suprised by how much more attacking we are next season compared to the utter negative dross served up through Irvine (and we didn't have massive problems scoring then).

TBH is any midfield in Lge1 that creative?

Guest 03 owl

Bang on.

Interesting thing on 5live last night about payments after a contract has expired.

All footballers are allowed an extra months pay if they don't sign for a new club.

Most players contracts run til the end of June, so will have got the extra payment yesterday.

Lots more players willing to sign this week?