Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Saturday Owl

Sheffield Wednesday = third division nobodies living in a moderately successful past. The most they have to look forward to is finishing above Hartlepool United. Tall order based on tonight's "performance".

Did you write this, or did a grown up or non illiterate write this for you?

Guest owls_4_life

Pre-season friendly or not last night was atrocious. They could have had a hatfull and I can't remember us having a shot on target.

Complete waste of money and a night off. Won't be paying hard earned cash to watch a pre season game again if Megson then comes out and says most of the team he puts out aren't going to be in the starting line up in the league. What's the point in the opposition getting gradually stronger if we're then going to play the second string lot?

mad.gif

Guest Saturday Owl

Did a lad called Paul Digby play last night for Barnsley?

I know that lad, well kind of. He went to Tapton School when I did.

Not a shred of gratitude to us for allowing you a few crumbs from the Championship table. Ah well. Tonight's game should be good preparation for us both - us for a massive game at Forest and you for your game at Yeovil.

Just remember better to be a small fish in a big pond than a medium sized fish in a toilet bowl.

You mean because we're slightly bigger than Forest and you're slightly bigger than Yeovil? I guess you're right.

Well, that's it. The highlight of Barnsley's season. flip me, it must be depressing being a Barnsley fan. Knowing that the only way you can have any promotion success in the future relies on getting relegated first.

As I've been regularly having to explain to thick headed Barnsley, Rotherham, and even Donny fans, your teams are playing at the height of their potential. Mid-level championship, yo-yo-ing between there and league 1 is about right for your tin pot clubs because your fan base and club structure has never been, and will NEVER be as solid as the fanbase and structure of SWFC (or our uglier neighbours).

In 4 or 5 seasons time I would fully expect Barnsley (and Doncaster) to have tasted or even be in League 1 and that wouldn't represent a decline. It will pass by without comment because that is about your level. Your just another huddersfield, mid level yorkshire team wi nowt much to shout about. However, I also fully expect both Sheffield clubs to be at least in the championship and pushing towards the top half. In our case the finances have been sorted, attitudes have changed and our years spent in your more familiar surroundings will have been humbling to say the least.

Unfortunately clubs such as yours have a huge SWFC sized chip on your shoulders because you have never seen success like we've seen, but you most definitely HAVE seen the disappointment and failure that we've endured over the last 15 years. Enjoy your time above us, it really IS remarkable. Let's see how long it lasts.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Well that was embarrassingly easy. Might see for another friendly in a year's time. Definitely won't be seeing you a league fixture in the near future. Enjoy your games at Stevenage and the like.

We didn't play our first team, if we did I doubt you would have won. You're poo poo, and you won't be playing us anytime soon because you're going down. The biggest game of your season was a friendly, isn't that a tad embarrassing? But considering you're from Barnsley I doubt it is. Looks like you've got that small club syndrome.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I know that lad, well kind of. He went to Tapton School when I did.

Yep Year 11, I know him too. Big big moment for him. All he wanted was this, worked towards it big time. Quality player too. Whats your name? I'll ask him bout you?

when's the open top bus parade start because they beat us.

Mads spoiled their party :(

post-17529-055526500 1311782186_thumb.jp

Guest Vic Rattlehead

Did you write this, or did a grown up or non illiterate write this for you?

So you're saying that I am literate? Is that what passes for an insult in Sheffield these days?

Guest JonTheOwl66

So you're saying that I am literate? Is that what passes for an insult in Sheffield these days?

Well clearly you're incapable of comprehending basic sentences.

Idiot, scum, inbred, cod canyon, tail, arse man, loner, nob jockey, demon, far right, friendly cup supporting, small club syndrome hosting, "Eastenders" watching, narcissistic Goat, Nokia phone having, Barnsley "town" :) supporting, poo poo Troll, person against the death penalty, snob, poo poo fisher.

Idiot, scum, inbred, cod canyon, tail, arse man, loner, nob jockey, demon, far right, friendly cup supporting, small club syndrome hosting, "Eastenders" watching, narcissistic Goat, Nokia phone having, Barnsley "town" :) supporting, poo poo Troll, person against the death penalty, snob, poo poo fisher.

That just about covers it rolleyes.gif

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Say wot you think mate :cool:

Guest Vic Rattlehead

Well clearly you're incapable of comprehending basic sentences.

Tis thee who has trouble comprehending basic sentences I'm afraid. He said was it written by a "non illiterate person" . If someone is "non illiterate" then they must be literate, ergo he was calling me literate. Simple when you can comprehend basic sentences.

Guest Sheff Owl

What's the differance between a man with one leg and a Barnsley fan ?

One can't walk properly and the other can't talk properly.

Tis thee who has trouble comprehending basic sentences I'm afraid. He said was it written by a "non illiterate person" . If someone is "non illiterate" then they must be literate, ergo he was calling me literate. Simple when you can comprehend basic sentences.

When was the last time you beat us in the league? Even in our relegation season we still managed to give you a tonking at your shithole of a "ground".

So if you wouldn't mind rumbleing off now until you beat our youth team with your first team next pre-season?

Cheers love.